Servicing my 1.9TDI Sport

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
TimGti
Silver Member
Drives: 9n3 1.9 Tdi Sport

Servicing my 1.9TDI Sport

Post by TimGti »

My cars done 54000 now & the service light has just come on. Its been on VW longlife service programme up until now but im gonna change to regular 10k/annual servicing I think.

Question is, When have you guys done or when would you do the cambelt?

Im considering now at 54k (cars a 2004 model/3 years old now) or leave it 1 more year/another 10k and have it done at around 64k.

What would you do if it was yours? Been quoted about £280 for cambelt & water pump + £170 ish for major service.

Also my brakes feel poop and spongy & discs and pads look fine. U reckon its worth doing break fluid now at 54k to try & cure the problem?

Any comments or advice welcomed.

Tim
GT/TDI
New

Post by GT/TDI »

I own a 1.9 130, mines every 4 years or 60,000 miles for the cam belt. VW recommend the brake fluid service every 2 years, i paid VW £45 to do it. I know i could have had it done for £20 but i prefer VW to work on my car. If the service light has come on, personally i would change the belt until when its needed to be done as it will save you money.

Im not sure about the other price of parts sorry

Paul
Jamo
Bronze Member

Post by Jamo »

I'm up to 54k too and think I'll be doing my belt before 60k - £280 seems a little dear for belt and tensioner and water pump - a good independant garage should give you change out of £200. I'm doing mine myself... belt and tensioner £25 and new water pump (patent part but always served me well in the past) £30. Genuine parts will probably be nearer £100.
Would still recommend a good independant VW dealer... there are plenty of them around!

8)