Problem with front suspension

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
cyberx
New

Problem with front suspension

Post by cyberx »

Hi i am new on this forum and i am from Macedonia and I am a proud owner of Polo 1.9 SDI.
In next couple days i will post pictures of my car.
I have problem with front suspension ,bouth of the whiles when I hit the brake are moving back or forward.When I did my service I was told that that is normal.
Please Help
Buzby
Sponsor

Post by Buzby »

Hello cyberx.. There is a certain amount of movement in rubber wishbone bushes, but it shouldn't be excessive, are there any noises coming from the suspension?.. This is why when wheel alignment is carried out most cars will have a certain amount of Toe In on the front wheels, this is because the front wheels will move backwards on the wishbone bushes when driving forward this then makes the wheels very near parallel.

I think its beacause of Noise/Vibration/Harshness engineering by the manufacturers making the bushes softer., Ive had a few Mk2 Golf GTI's with well over 150000 miles on one of them and I Never replaced any bushes on those. :)
cyberx
New

Post by cyberx »

Thanks for answering.So it's no big deal ,thanks again :lol: :P :P
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Buzby, did you not mean it is normal for a stationary car to have toe out. When the power is on, the wheels will try and escape from the car and draw the wheels to the straight ahead position. It is a very well known fact that the front wishbone rear voided bushes are a problem in these cars, eventually the voided bush tears and this causes creaking noises when braking or coming off the throttle - this is the inner of the voided bush rubbing on the outer part. One fix is to replace the bush with the Seat Cupra non- voided bush. Even from new, my wife's car always felt that the front wheels were moving about as Cyberx has said.
Last edited by RUM4MO on Tue May 29, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyberx
New

Post by cyberx »

Thanks Buzby,thats exatcly what the front wheel are doing.I will replace the bushes with ones from Seat Cupra.Will they fit or i need to do some modifications.
Thank again for the replay :lol: :D
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Cyberx, yes the Seat Cupra non-voided - ie solid rubber bushes will fit into the consoles. Remember these bushes will be very difficult to fit into the aluminium consoles without access to the correct tool.