All the goodies for the car arrived today

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

All the goodies for the car arrived today

Post by Jeff GTi »

removed the front bumper and fitted my new headlights as the others had a few little chips on them

also fitted some of the new phillips X - treme bulbs in my dips and phillips blue vision sidelights, decided against re fitting my xenon conversion as with the lights using bulb caps not projectors, im finding they glare and do not give a beam pattern on the road as good and distinctive as standard

after all that i got to removing the door b pillars and put the gloss ones on in place of the satin ones, they look so so much better, believe me

iv also fitted the rear tailgate detail trim and topped everything off with a new black magic tree haha

so i know it aint the biggest mod spree, but subtle is the way forward and all that and OEM+ is the way i like it

cars all washed and dried and sparkling but cameras died which is a shame as its such a lovely day here so ill get some pics up when i can

whats everyone up to ???

jeff
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Re: All the goodies for the car arrived today

Post by gti-joe »

Jeff GTi wrote:
whats everyone up to ???

jeff
My new wheels arrived the other day from Dubmeister, so stuck em on and went for a drive with some mates.

ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

What size are they? They look tiny in the second pic.
abdnmoh
Bronze Member

Post by abdnmoh »

Hey ur cars' looking good Gti-Joe 8) Is that the Forth Road Bridge in the background?? Has it still got a 40 min long traffic jam?? :(
also fitted some of the new phillips X - treme bulbs in my dips and phillips blue vision sidelights, decided against re fitting my xenon conversion as with the lights using bulb caps not projectors, im finding they glare and do not give a beam pattern on the road as good and distinctive as standard
Jeff why didnt u fit the GTI Xenons Headlamps? Ive got the xtrem phillips bulbs on my 9n but there nowhere near as good as original HIDs.. :shock:
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

abdnmoh wrote:Hey ur cars' looking good Gti-Joe 8) Is that the Forth Road Bridge in the background?? Has it still got a 40 min long traffic jam??
That is the rail bridge mate. Yeh the traffic on the road bridge is a nightmare.
ModifiedMadness wrote:What size are they? They look tiny in the second pic.
16"x 7.5"
Ray_chan
Getting There!

Post by Ray_chan »

looking nice gti joe, wheels do look small for the car but maybe its the shape and style of the wheel 8) like the last picture! awsome view lol..

Ray
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

because you cant get proper vw xenon lamps for the 9n3 gti

and i personally quite rate the bulbs im using now, light coverage is far far superior to xenons behind the bulb caps even though the beam does not shine quite as far as the xenons did

im not a fan of the wheels either sorry, looks like the style a few punto's round here have, it reminds me of them

still thinking of weather to get some 16" bbs rx's or just not haha and weather to colour code lower valances and skirts or not on mine
abdnmoh
Bronze Member

Post by abdnmoh »

Jeff GTi wrote:because you cant get proper vw xenon lamps for the 9n3 gti
Thats soo weird they have vw HIDs for the 6n2 GTi but they didnt bother making official version for the 9n3 :?
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

i believe it was to keep cost donw for the new car?????
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

ah thats bull, this is the most expensive polo yet!!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Jeff why didnt u fit the GTI Xenons Headlamps? Ive got the xtrem phillips bulbs on my 9n but there nowhere near as good as original HIDs.. :shock:[/quote]

Back in 2001 all the pre-launch info, including that from VW said that HIDs would be available on the 9N Polo - they lied! I have factory fitted HIDs on my 2000 Passat and they are excellant. When I went to spec up my wife's Polo back in 2002 - there was no HID option - bumm. I'd love to fit some - obviously only together with projector lens - but I think that finally the DOT has closed the loop hole that allowed the retro fitting of HIDs without self levelling devices - so Police or MOT people could force you to bin them!!!
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

I'd never be able to own a car with out factory fitted xenons or without me upgrading to HID's - i love them too much lol

They should have done proper projectors on the options list though i think.