Just had an accident...!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
daa709
Silver Member

Just had an accident...!

Post by daa709 »

Was just driving near the A217, and was coming up to a junction where I was turning left, there isnt a traffic light there, and it was clear so I continued ahead, but because it was chucking it down, I pressed the brake a bit hard (stupidly) skidded and rammed the Ford Mondeo in front at about 35mph.

Shat myself of course, ran outside and looked at her car first and saw the whole of her rear bumper f*cked with a massive 20 inch crack with lots of moving root cracks all over, and the bottom of the bumper was slightly hanging due to the hugeness of the crack.

Then I remembered my baby, looked behind and saw this:

Some of her paint came off onto my car. No cracks, no dents, not even a scratch. I'm impressed.

Polo's rule!!

I feel bad though, and shes not bothering to claim on her insurance, so I've found her a replacement bumper on eBay for £25.
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Least ur polo is A.O.K!!! And another reason not to buy a Ford LOL
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Glad its not serious damage - do you have a bigger pic?
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

I know, you can imagine how I shat myself when I heard the crash noise. I thought my bumper imploded..!

I may have lost my driving respect from my friends, but their respect for my car has increased :D
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

That's why I'd rather be driving a VW than anything French! Hope the Ford's paint polishes off easy :lol:
Ray_chan
Getting There!

Post by Ray_chan »

polo solid as a rock! lol..

Ray
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Yeh i'll have a quick polish tomorrow and take a pic for you guys. I'll get a pic of her bumper too.

VW's were made for Hitler, and I think Hitler liked to run over people = strong front bumper!
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

yeah not so long back a audi tt rolled in to mine from about 15 feet on an incline, merely scratched my bumper, but his cracked haha, served him right for attacking mine haha

my car cost only £140 to repaint but his repair cost somewhat more haha, but he paid anyway so its all cool
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Resize the pic next time though :wink:

Here's the HUGE pic as a 640 x 480 for everyone :D

daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Cheers, sorry yeh I will do it from now on. Promise :twisted:
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

ModifiedMadness wrote: Here's the HUGE pic as a 640 x 480 for everyone :D
With firefox its no bother, just RMB on the image, view image, then click for auto re-size! But for people that don't know then thanks :P
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Mondeo bumpers are renound for cracking if you just blow on them :wink:

Love the polo's good build :)
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd get someone to check up that every thing is okay behind the bumper! The fact that the bumper cover is not destroyed is no indication to what has actually happened behind it (the expensive bits). My 2000 Passat was shunted by a 2003 Golf, my car only needed a new steel inner bumper and the bumper cover resprayed, the Golf had a wrecked front bumper, grill, lock carrier and probably and wrecked bonnet + ?. My wife's 1994 Fiesta got shunted once - I thought that she had just dropped the shopping on its bumper - but it was the remains of an old Metro's front lights. The Fiesta rear valance was wrecked and the boot opening had been crushed a bit - needed straightening. Remember the front of ALL modern cars are meant to be soft so they absorb impact energy - I'd definately check out your Polo's front end properly.
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Yeh I did take off the bumper and checked it all. A few light fixtures were snapped - so I went to work with the superglue and now its all fine (lol). Im thinking about just replacing the light for peace of mind.