My polo failed it's MOT & now for the update

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
VII
New

My polo failed it's MOT & now for the update

Post by VII »

:( Hi as I said my Polo CL Coupe just failed it's mot gutted, here the reasons why it failed.

001 offside (outer sill) seat belt anchorage prscribed area is exessively corroded [5.1.b.6]

002 offside rear shock adsorber has a serious fluid leak [2.7.3]

:) There was one good thing which came out of the mot my headlight alignment was ok which I did myself. anyway my car go's back this week for the repairs abit of welding to be done and the shock bloody speed bump's. the price is not to bad really £120.87 for the lot £4 less then what I paid for the car :? why can't we have the mot every 2 years :?:

Last edited by VII on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

my G40 failed on two front tyres! they had uneven wear, so got them to sort the tracking out, but still failed it anyway! :roll: i thought they'd be ok, but doesn't matter! all sorted now!

at least its a rear shock and not a front shock thats weaping! the fronts are much harder to remove! :?
VII
New

Post by VII »

That's ture thanks, just gave her good wash & abit of TLC.
PoloPower
Getting There!

Re: My polo failed it's MOT

Post by PoloPower »

Mine just failed too man .. Is sorted now too though ...

Front shocks and wishbones .. Changed all the bushings too ...

Also realigned my headlights well one side after a bit of a accident in the snow last year ... Darn thing was wrong .. oopps .

Rear right tyre .. Just dsnt seem to sit in the arch like the others ... Scraping on outside edge of tyre .

I was lucky got all the bits and pieces from GSF Car Parts .. Id advise .. there very cheap ..
VII
New

My mot update

Post by VII »

Hi I'm all :lol: :D now she passed mot yes :lol:
I got the rear shock and the under sill done for £121 and I also got them to replace the fuel filter at the same time which cost £20 more not bad save's me doing it myself. it's so much better to drive now.