VW Headunit - Security Code

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Randall
Gold Member

VW Headunit - Security Code

Post by Randall »

Hey All,

I'm currently in the middle of putting back my polo to standard, i've been in contact with VW as i need a security code for my standard HU. I suppose there isnt anyone who has access to these? Maybe works for VW or has a CD of some sort.

Thanks

Rich
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

If its the radio that came with your polo, just connect it up, start the engine let it run for a few mins then turn the radio on. It will say SAFE then it will say LEARN - and wahey it starts working. If it doesnt change to LEARN and goes to 1000, just turn it off and turn it on again :P

The only people who have access to the codes are VW, but its free to get them - ive sourced three or four different codes from them in the last 6 months :P

Hope this helps!
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

alexperkins wrote:If its the radio that came with your polo, just connect it up, start the engine let it run for a few mins then turn the radio on. It will say SAFE then it will say LEARN - and wahey it starts working. If it doesnt change to LEARN and goes to 1000, just turn it off and turn it on again :P

The only people who have access to the codes are VW, but its free to get them - ive sourced three or four different codes from them in the last 6 months :P

Hope this helps!
Hey Alex,

Thanks for the info i shall give this a try later!

VW here in aylesbury want to charge me £10 admin fee - hence me asking my fellow dubbers for Help

Ta

Rich
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

If it dont work, pm me your reg and vehicle chassis number (the WVW bit) and ill get it for free :)