Buying a Mk5 Polo GTi

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

Double Post (doh!)
Last edited by womble68 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

Not that safety is everyone's priority, but I did look at 147's a long while back when I eventually bought a last gen Civic. The 147 only gets a 3 star NCAP rating, and thats only because of its side impact result. In a Frontal accident there not supposed to be too hot. I have to admit though they're a fabulous looking car, and if someone were to offer me a GTA I wouldn't say no ;).
The Polo gets a 4 star NCAP rating which is pretty good, and not bad even compared to current cars.
garnier
Bronze Member

Post by garnier »

I wouldn't touch an alpha romeo with a barge pole. They look good, but that's where it stops.

They depreciate like there's no tomorrow and reliabilty is shocking. In the Reliability Index, Alpha's highest position is 95 out of 100. That's pretty poor. Don't do it.....

On another note, I have a Polo Gti for sale.....
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

4 star NCAP is very good considering the shape dates back to the early/mid 90's
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

It would seem there is still a fair difference though between the Mid to Late 90's 6N model and the 2000-2 6N2 since the 6N get a 3 Stars, as compared to the 6N2's 4 Stars.
Having looked at the EuroNCAP site itself, from the sorts of info thats available the 6N2 gets Airbags, Seat Belt Load Limiters and Pretensioners for both Drivers and Front Passenger, and they added rear ISOFix mountings (not that useful to most of us I expect) whereas the 6N only got a Drivers Airbag and Seat Belt Pretensioners for both.
I get the impression they may have also made some other smaller structural changes.