Climate control display flashes on start up?!?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Rupy
Bronze Member

Climate control display flashes on start up?!?

Post by Rupy »

Hey guys. Had the polo since July and only a couple of days ago when i fired her up i noticed that the entire climate control display flashes on and off for a few seconds then goes to off or the last used setting. Everything seems fine...and it did it on start up every time since i noticed it.

is this normal? Just with it bein the first time i've noticed it i'm a tad paranoid bout it meaning something?! Knowing me its just the first time i've noticed a normal thing! :lol:

Cheers

Rupy
Rupy
Bronze Member

Post by Rupy »

25 views and not one reply?! :?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Check the fuse - it may be wearing perhaps...or the wiring behind the controller
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

Was going to reply but not sure of a solution, but no its not normal.
SEXKITTEN
Getting There!

Post by SEXKITTEN »

hi ya! Just a thought, but I had the same thing happen about 9 weeks after I brought my little gem! Went to a mate at vw across the road who pluuged it into their machine. he said that the display flashes as a warning that something is possible wrong & requires diagnosing. :? Fault present...pressure switch, but not necessarily that. Could of been control panel! Had mine checked by a very good air con guy, & turned out to be compressor, etc!!!! :( had it done under used car warranty....after fighting like hell for it. :evil: All sorted now though :lol: . Best to get it checked. You could just be low on gas. Doesn't take a great change in pressure to show up as a fault. :(