Polo Genesis?

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
B-shaw
New

Polo Genesis?

Post by B-shaw »

Hi, I'm new on here.
A few days back i started to look for a my 1st daily drive car (whilst I'm working on my project, 1986 mini mayfair smile.gif ), i was thinking about polos but i wasn't too sure about them. Then my mate said he had a L plate Genesis sitting in his garage that he bought a while ago (its been sitting in a garage for about 11 months now).
I'm just after some information on these cars, any faults with this certain model? what are the extras (I've noticed the 5 speed box, metal sliding sun roof, elec windows, immobilizer and the rev counter) anything else? Going to try n get it running tomorrow morning, any advice on what to check etc?

Ill get some pics up here tomorrow once all the boxes are off/out of it.

Cheers, Toby
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

pretty simple cars these, not much different from any other car. nice and straight forward! :wink:

sounds like you've got an eager eye for the extras. sometimes i believe they also had split folding rear seats too! also have a G40 style steering wheel.

one thing i'd check would probably be the fuel tank. they are metal and prone to rot where the filler neck meets the tank just under the wheel arch. a pattern tank is about £60 but aren't a great fit! but if its leaking, it'll fail the MOT! :wink:

Hope thats of some help!