Coilovers for mk5? :)

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
levenCRUISE
New

Coilovers for mk5? :)

Post by levenCRUISE »

Hi guys..

After seeing the pics of your polos on coilovers (feck me, they're low :shock: )

So.. i ask your advice..

What are the best kits available jus now? What price range am i lookin at, i know you gotta pay for quality ;)

Height and ride adjustable?

Ive heard a few brands mentioned.. just wondered what you guys recommend?.

Thanks.
:)
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i run KW variante 2`s which are height and "hardness" adjustable
i find that they give a very compliant ride and if i want to take it steady then they feel quite soft and smooth (my mum said that it felt softer than stock WTF???) but when you want to have some funthey really show their true colors because i can keep with some surprising cars. the other day i was in a mates clio and we were driving down a road that we usually go down but it felt much faster, however when i looked down i realised that we were doing the same speed as i do in my polo but with my polo its not bone jarring and theres no skip what so ever, if i had to describe them in short id say somthing like they feel like a merc/porche crossbreed.
ps if there good enough for the porche pro racing cup at speeds of over 150 mph then theyll do on my polo. exept the pros use the v3`s with stainless bodies and external adjustmant which for the mk5 come at about £1200 a corner :shock:
price of V2`s on an 01 1.4 8v mpi £800 supplied
levenCRUISE
New

Post by levenCRUISE »

£800.. that sounds pretty reasonable for a good setup like the KW's? I was expectin about a grand like. :)

£1200 a corner, :shock: jesus!
Polo17
Getting There!

Post by Polo17 »

i am running h and r coilovers.....i would deffinetly reccomend em.....even thought they r a bit pricey! expect to pay around 900 squid new!

spax arent to bad and u can pick up a new set for around 600..which is a bit cheaper!