exhaust system

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Hardcore
Silver Member

exhaust system

Post by Hardcore »

any body know where i can get some performance exhaust systems from? i want the wholeee system lol. not just a backbox :)
septic
Silver Member

Post by septic »

Trust me, get your whole system at a Top Gear garage near you. They're doing mine this Friday for £250 and that includes the WHOLE system including fitting. They've got loads of quality exhausts and they will customise it to your preference; e.g how loud you want it etc.
Hardcore
Silver Member

Post by Hardcore »

nice one. jus gota find one near me now lol. cheers
PeteJ
Bronze Member

Post by PeteJ »

hop over to club polo and speak to jackson tuning. i got a mild steel system for about £110 delivered to my door from germany in about 3 days.

centre section and back box. a choice of styles sounds an absolute, monster now too.

not to everyones taste as the smallest single exit looks surprisingly larger than you'd expect but its no bad thing.

highly recommended as even a nonce like me fitted it within about 2 hours on a drive with axle stands and a hammer.
septic
Silver Member

Post by septic »

Got my system fitted today. Absolutely awesome. The Top Gear garage I did it at is quite popular, most of the cover cars in PVW magazines have had their exhausts done there; Richard Payne's Mk3 and Saqib Ahmed's GOlf too. THey've spent around £30,000 on their dubs so you know its a good place to go. They guy working there is a friend of theirs.

The powerflow exhaust is awesome, stainless steel and you get a lifetime guarantee on it. Pure awesomeness!
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

If you want a custom Powerflow exhaust, then the 2 places in Derby are ETS and Britannia Tyres (I think they do Powerflow). Although everyone has mixed opinions about Powerflow, I'm not too keen myself. Depends on the retailer, every place that do Powerflow systems are different, I think ETS are the better of the 2 in Derby.

Jackson Tuning is a good bet as mentioned above. Other then that, you can order an exhaust like Jetex, Scorpion, Supersprint etc. from random places on the net like www.venommotorsport.com, www.rtecshop.com, www.awesome-gti.co.uk etc.

^ The above places are just examples, find an exhaust you like and search around for a good price. Check in PVW for some more retailers, or enquire on the sponsor forums on ClubPolo.

If you fancy a trip, you can always head over to www.exhaustsuk.co.uk in Sheffield (bit like Powerflow)
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Or you could take a trip to London and get a really cheap one (HINT HINT)

:wink:
Hardcore
Silver Member

Post by Hardcore »

haha. the plan was to get a cheap back box for lyk £60 bradnd new or a cheaper second hand one, until i saved up a couple of hundred quid. but then PeteJ reckons i can get one for about £110. so i myt just have to save up and get that instead of buying the backbox to start with.

thanks for all the advice guys!! wil probs be getting the £110, or going to ETS in derby to get a price of them. ill let you know what if done in a few weeks time. ill get some pics n stuff up.

thanks agen!
Acemo
1st Stage Warning

Post by Acemo »

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/

i got mine from westgate tyres in morecambe

it was a catback boxer tip

loud as a loud thing!!!!!

sooooooooooo nice jst burbles like mad lol

Text in italics replaced by a moderator BC
Hardcore
Silver Member

Post by Hardcore »

nice one ill have a gander.

whats catback mean? lool .
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

cat-back: everything rearward of the cat (catalytic converter), i.e. centre and rear exhaust sections.

Engine -> Exhaust Manifold -> Downpipe -> Cat -> Centre Section (1st muffler) -> Back box (2nd muffler) -> Out of the car.
Hardcore
Silver Member

Post by Hardcore »

i c. nice one :O