There is always something F***ing wrong!!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
clees
Bronze Member

There is always something F***ing wrong!!

Post by clees »

Hi guys

Well i'm becoming more and more pi**sed off with my car and i think, me selling it is on the horizon!! :evil:

I have just taken it to the garage and had a diagnostic due to ABS light on and exhaust emissions light.

here are the results

ABS = fault on Hydraulic pump (apparently need a new one - guy at the garage said roughly £700 - £800 :twisted: ) Not good.

Emissions light - Camshaft and crankshaft out of sink ( there are not in sequence)

Is there anybody out there that can help me!!

cheers guys
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

I'd suggest taking it to another garage for a second opinion before committing to that kind of work.
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

Yeah diagnosis is not as simple as Garage's make out, there can be more than one reason for a fault, and even then it can be an intermittent issue or something thats only happened the once, and since rectified itself. I get the impression that a lot of garage's pretend to diagnose problem while in reality picking out the explanation from the 1st reading without resetting any errors, and without test driving the car, etc.
Luke'sGti
Silver Member

Post by Luke'sGti »

definately get a second opinion. My ABS light is also on and I got told the same..although I think it could be the speed sensor as the light doesnt come on straight away, only after driving 20 metres or so. For the difference in cost to fix the problem, it'd be worth getting a 2nd opinion.
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

i dont have a gti i have a 6n2 but i to had this problem and when i took it to the garage (a vw dealer) i left it with them for the day and they said they couldnt find a problem with it they think it might just be a sticky sensor but he did say it it continues bring it back and we'll have another look at it...... i have noticed though its not a continuous thing. its not always on tho. its caused me no problems so far either.
madmatt

Post by madmatt »

what diag machine did he use ??? if its a universal thing it might be the problem

i have got vag-com and i will be at juction 30 on the m1 on saturday i can bring it if you wanna meet i know its a bit far but thought id offer
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

mate take it to a recommended garage, by either one you know or one ppl recommend from the online forums, if they simply plugged in VAG-COM or tried to diagnose the problem without the correct software they will be way off, my beeza went nuts on me, TCS came up & engine managment, plugged it in & it had 14 faults, with massive turbo failure, both lambdas, maf & loads more apparently at fault...it turned out to be a sensor cover that had split & was causing it to ground on the engine block...cost 50p for a rubber bung!

dont panic yet...btw lovely rims!
madmatt

Post by madmatt »

shantybeater wrote:mate take it to a recommended garage, by either one you know or one ppl recommend from the online forums, if they simply plugged in VAG-COM or tried to diagnose the problem without the correct software they will be way off, my beeza went nuts on me, TCS came up & engine managment, plugged it in & it had 14 faults, with massive turbo failure, both lambdas, maf & loads more apparently at fault...it turned out to be a sensor cover that had split & was causing it to ground on the engine block...cost 50p for a rubber bung!

dont panic yet...btw lovely rims!
firstly vag com is the best diagnosing software next to vag 1552 and its the only thing u need realy
and second i am a vw trained tech and have 10yrs experance with vw/audi am just offering him a cheap option for repair. :lol:
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

whoooaa, i wasnt treading on your feet mate, and i agree VAG com is awesome...but fact is in the wrong hands it can bring up fault codes that scare the crap out of you...as it did me..i was saying take it somewhere reliable to get a 2nd opinion....chill winstaaan!! :lol:

dont doubt you cant help with the matter, tbh i didnt even see your post...i skimmed!
madmatt

Post by madmatt »

i know i know just thought id have a little go lol yeah i agree though
cheers
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

i have the camshaft position error, just needs a new sensor which is on top of the cam cover, well it is on my 1.0 mk5 lol