Headlight Washers

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
chewy
Platinum Member

Headlight Washers

Post by chewy »

Anyone know how to adjust headlight washers? My o/s one is fine but the n/s does not even hit the light any ideas?
PHILIP1193
Bronze Member

Post by PHILIP1193 »

not that iv seen head light washers but i imagine they have a little nipple mch like the rear wiper does. All you need to do is stick a pin in it and the carefully and slowly adjust it. It will only need a very small adjustment btw. If it doesn't have a little nipple thing then i have no idea lol

Phil
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Thats the thing I cant get to the nipple, I cant get the washer to stay up it pops out of the bumper then pops back down, tried turning off the engine when its up but still just pops back down.
TimGti
Silver Member
Drives: 9n3 1.9 Tdi Sport

Post by TimGti »

Sounds silly but get someone to 'catch' it when it pops up. It will try to go down but will not take much to hold it. They just pull up easily enough if you have the bumper off, its just getting hold of them when its on!

I had them on my mk4 golf and on the polo, I find them completely pointless TBH!
ihpj
Bronze Member

Post by ihpj »

I like HL washers, very useful if you've had to drive through some of the foggy, murky, mucky weather we've been having of late :(

Although (and thankfully) this weather is infrequent, you certainly appreciate something like this when you have the need to use it. Other than that, have to say I've never found them of any use when my headlight have been plastered with bugs and carp tho' :P
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Its not just the actuators that need checked to make sure they are secured correctly? One of these VAG forums has a movie clip of these things operating. Just in case you dont know, a high power waterpump drives up the washer actuator pillars and when they reach their upper stop the spray bar tilts a bit and the pressurised water is released through the spray bar and when the pressure has dropped the actuator pillars collapse back down. Like someone said, if you need to drive long distance on heavily gritted motorways then they earn their keep - not all these little cars run around town!