K&N Induction Kit 1.4 16V fsi 100bhp 9n

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
chewy
Platinum Member

K&N Induction Kit 1.4 16V fsi 100bhp 9n

Post by chewy »

Does anyone know if a K&N 57i Kit would fit? seen a few on ebay and was thinking about it. Also would it make much difference???
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: K&N Induction Kit 1.4 16V fsi 100bhp 9n

Post by david burton »

chewy wrote:Does anyone know if a K&N 57i Kit would fit? seen a few on ebay and was thinking about it. Also would it make much difference???
you would be able to get most cone filters to fit with some fabrication.

it will make your car louder under load, and slower.

If you want the sound, drill the airbox. Personally I wouldn't get the cone filter, I'd get the panel filter.
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

What would be the difference with the panel filter?
J9NO A
Getting There!

Post by J9NO A »

just so you know, the FSI is 86bhp not 100bhp
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

chewy wrote:What would be the difference with the panel filter?
better air flow but without the loss of power due to warm engine bay air getting into the engine.
poloecosse
Bronze Member

Post by poloecosse »

an induction kit if done right will not lost power either! i dont understand why companies such as k&n supply kits to bolt straight to the throttle body!! you need a pipe so you can locate the filter behind one of the headlights, away from most of the heat and closer to more cold air :roll:
W4510
New

Post by W4510 »

Lol mine keeps falling off the bloody throttle body cos some roads round where I live are canny bumpy. Any ideas how I can fix it, or is it just that im not tightening the jubilee clip up enough etc, and has any1 else had this problem. Just mine fell behind the engine the other day and black gunk came out of the exhaust :?. Not Good.

Apart from that a few points on the kit for the 9n. Its not as loud as some other brands I've heard but it causes my whole car esp the pedals to vibrate when flooring it so it feels and sounds quite powerful. Although, since the filter cone is right on the engine it probably reduces power abit unless u fit the hose right. Its straightforward,a 5 min job to fit and take off, except the hose can get in a bit of a tangle dunno why K&N dont put them into the top of the filter, and of course as explained mine slips off!