1.4 FSi or Not

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
chewy
Platinum Member

1.4 FSi or Not

Post by chewy »

Three weeks ago I got what was ment to be a 9n 1.4 fsi but it does not say fsi anywhere not even in the handbook. Is this an fsi then or have the garage pulled one over on me?
J9NO A
Getting There!

Post by J9NO A »

Open your bonnet

PHILIP1193
Bronze Member

Post by PHILIP1193 »

yep open your bonnet or it should have an FSI sticker on the back.

If it is not an FSI you can take the car back and ask for your money back as it was not sold as described. How ever before doing this make sure any recipt states its FSI as if it doesn't your maybe a lttle stuffed.

THe V5 shoudl say FSI too. Well mine does

Phil
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Just looked under my bonnet and no fsi badge, look through a load of old invoice`s I got with the car and the original purchase one is there its a 1.4 16v sport 100bhp. Off the the garage tomorrow for a chat.
ihpj
Bronze Member

Post by ihpj »

One other way to check would be to speak with VW directly - they will confirm the type of car and factory options installed when new. TBH it doesn't sound as if you car is an 'FSI' tho' ...
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

I've done a bit of research on Parkers and I presume it's a sport model? The 1.4 100bhp sport was a more expensive car than the 1.4 FSI, it's quicker but does less MPG. Even if the garage are a pain then you might have a got a better car!

although it's one insurance group higher and the engine is of older heritage :(
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

david burton wrote:I've done a bit of research on Parkers and I presume it's a sport model? The 1.4 100bhp sport was a more expensive car than the 1.4 FSI, it's quicker but does less MPG. Even if the garage are a pain then you might have a got a better car!

although it's one insurance group higher and the engine is of older heritage :(
Amen to that. If it's 100 BHP it'll be the sport model, athough technically speaking, the FSi is also sport trim. I'd keep it if it was a valver :lol:

Ash :)
J9NO A
Getting There!

Post by J9NO A »

If you've got the 100bhp version then it is better than the FSI :lol:

I've got one, they love to rev but no torque low down so takes a while to get used to.
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Yeah just rang local vw garage and it aint an fsi, found the invoice from the garage I got it from and it only says polo 1.4 was going to try and get some money back lol. anyway now i'v got it I might aswell mod it lol. How do I add pics to posts? cheers
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

chewy wrote:How do I add pics to posts? cheers
Get an account on something like photobucket.com or imageshack, uplaod your picstures on there, then paste in the code of the picture which has either side of it.

Hope this helps
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

cheers time

This is the kind of look I want to go for

What do you think?[/img]
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

If I remember correctly, the 1.4 non FSI was available as 75PS and 100PS and the original 1.4 FSI was 85PS. I avoided this one back in 2002 as I was worried about the long term reliability of the camshafts as the lobs were slid on then the hollow camshaft was hydraulically pressurised to expand and lock the lobs to the shaft - but this design seems to work okay to date.
david burton

Post by david burton »

it's swings and roundabouts, the FSI engine has been well received but it is an early version and to be honest unless you want the extra mpg you've got a better car in the 100bhp model. good news I guess!
J9NO A
Getting There!

Post by J9NO A »

Nice alloys too! They are an optional extra.

I get very good MPG in my 100bhp anyway, motorway cruise 42mpg, and around 35 in town.
PHILIP1193
Bronze Member

Post by PHILIP1193 »

chewy wrote:cheers time

This is the kind of look I want to go for

What do you think?[/img]
Looks nice mate, if you ever come to sell them wheels knock me a pm please as im after son 16 inchers

Phil