Polo Gti tuning

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
---Carl---
Bronze Member

Polo Gti tuning

Post by ---Carl--- »

Anyone tuned there gti to make it alot fast than it should be lol :P :?:

Im thinkin about getting some more bhp out of mine, i was going to spend money on bodymods, but im tempted to make it alot faster instead and keep away from the body mods

what have people done to get there bhp up ? what things should i do to get big bhp 8) ?

cheeers :)
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

They are fairly tuned as standard so getting more power is difficult. First off your looking at a chip, BMC induction kit, Exaust and De-cat should see you to 140Bhp. upto 150 maybe you'll probably need all that plus cams, headwork, and exaust manafolds, and a custom remap. After that your into the price bracket for turbo conversions, and then onto whole engine conversions.

Then by the time you've done that it costs so much you may aswell spend the money on a faster car to start with

Im guess bhp figures here so dont quote me on them :)
---Carl---
Bronze Member

Post by ---Carl--- »

sounds good

what do you mean by chip, superchip ? ive heard a few people going on about these

think in the future i will get a bmc and exaust and fannymold, not sure about a decat, doesnt that fail mot ?
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

yeh a decat will fail an mot, but you'l get your original cat back when the decat is fittted, so when the mot comes round, just refit the cat and then take it off again after it.
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

Yup. a superchip, or custom code remap, and im sure theres others out there.
Simi
New

Post by Simi »

which exhaust would you recommend for power gains? I know powerflow exhausts rarely give you more power so trying to stay away from that route. Also will it make much diffirence to power if its just from the cat back, or is it better to de-cat it aswell?
tja198a
New

Post by tja198a »

Dee-vub wrote:yeh a decat will fail an mot, but you'l get your original cat back when the decat is fittted, so when the mot comes round, just refit the cat and then take it off again after it.

my gti passed the mot without a cat! :o i forgot to put it back in before i went and it still passed! lol
MrJoKaPoLoMpI
New

Post by MrJoKaPoLoMpI »

how do u dcat? or how much is it to pay a garage