First mods on my 9n

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

cleaned dubs wrote:i think it's down to the amp giving the sub too many watts up it ??
Wouldn't matter mate, if they'd set it up properly it would have been fine.

Set up properly you could have a 3000w RMS amp running a 600w RMS sub!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh exactly, I can't see how its customer abuse to be honest, did you alter the setting on the amp at all or anything?

If your playing your system too hard the first thing that goes (if it's set up right), is the fuse.
cleaned dubs
Getting There!

Post by cleaned dubs »

:? Didn't chage owt bar put the bass boost down on the amp cos i have a control monted in the boot (cant get to the amp when the box is in place), must be the sub that is faulty or the way it's been set up i.e rca convertor ???.

The system sounded the muts nuts too you could see people from a good 100yrds turning around going :shock: :lol: .

Going to ring autoleads in morning to see what can be done so we will see ???.

What DB do ya think it would be (my system ??) me and pals have been having votes to see how's closest , i bet 135-140 , pal says mid 120 and other lad said low 140's ????? what do you guys think ??? i'd like to have a go in the street bass class this year they have a upto 129 class -139 class then 149 class (no way lol) , i think if i turn it down it could get in the 129 maybe but :? , amp is a Kicker KX500.2 running Kicker L7 12" sub @2 hm and the box is 3.2 cu ft with an Lport design tuned to 33htz . when i get it back in that is :cry:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

It's hard to say really, I wouldn't say 140.

High 130's maybe on a tone not music? How much power was it getting?
cleaned dubs
Getting There!

Post by cleaned dubs »

The amp is tested at 729watts RMS and the sub is the 12" L7 that has a high rating , but looks like the sub cant take it :cry: , i'll get it tested when it's all sort , :roll: might turn out to be 120db lol
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Hard to say without getting it properly checked really.

I'd like to do this to mine, how du go about doing it, anyone?
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Have a look on Talk Audio Tim see if there's any DB Drag events near you or ask if there's anyone near you with a termlab 8)

Your score depends on a lot of things, it's not just power. The car can affect it, the installation..... etc etc

My box is tuned to about 45hz I think (which is a bit higher than it should have been) the sub is 1500w RMS which is what it's getting and I got 139.8 at 48hz.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Cheers Tom 8)
cleaned dubs
Getting There!

Post by cleaned dubs »

?? what kit have you got in your car tom ??
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

going back to the burnt out coil, a few year back i had an audobahn 15" sub and was playing the van halen top gun theme song...yes, its cool as and it's got base!
anyways, my sub went pop. i took it out the box as it wasnt ported so i couldnt smell it- it stunk inside.
so i sent it back to bassjunkies who i baught it from 6month earlier. they then sent it on to the manufacturer and within a couple weeks i had a brand new sub sent out. they told me it had a faulty coil and it broke down

try your luck, they may replace it for u free of charge