broken exhaust brackets......

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Kelk11
Bronze Member

broken exhaust brackets......

Post by Kelk11 »

my exhaust has gradually started getting louder under acceleration recently so i took it to kwik fit on my way home just to diagnose the problem and apparently the bracket on the cat and middle pipe have snapped, they told me because of this i need a new cat and middle pipe.
is there no way this can be welded back on as i really cant afford those right now. ive got my service new cambelt and mot all in the next 2 weeks so all money is tied up. i just need a bodge to see me right until i can get it properly fixed. on the plus side i finally got my collies delivered today.
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

yer course it can! mine broke in the same place (its rearly common on polos) 4 years ago and i welded it not had one problem yet! kwit fit are robbin barstards even us at vw weld them up rather than replace them so i dont think u could call it a bodge!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Yeah it can definitely be welded! Bloody kwik fit :roll:

You'd only need to replace the exhaust if you've got a hole in it really. But they are stainless steel from the factory (or at least mine was when it came off at the Powerflow garage) so they last a good while.
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

One of my brackets had to be welded for my MOT so it can be done
Kelk11
Bronze Member

Post by Kelk11 »

ok thanks its going in for its pre mot service in the next 2 weeks so ill get the guy to sort it for me.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Get some pics up when you get the coilovers fitted also! 8)
TheEggShell
Getting There!

Post by TheEggShell »

Arghhhh... what liars!

My Polo had the exhaust brackets welded and if that fails you can always try using a jubilee clip as a temporary measure.