GTi running problems

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
andyniceday
Bronze Member

GTi running problems

Post by andyniceday »

my cars been playing up recently, it doesnt seem to matter whether the cars hot or cold or anything, its just random.

everything will be fine as im driving along at say 2500rpm for example, then all of a sudden the revs will take a massive dip then pop back up to 2500. It has even stalled on a few occasions. After this theres a massive lack of power, its like driving a 1 litre or something, just gutless all the way to the redline.

If i turn the car off, then immediately back on again its fine, back to normal.

anyone shed any light on this?
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

this is wat happened to my mate focus, but i cant remember wat he said it was , ill have a word and let u know !! :wink:
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Might be a damaged fuel line?
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

no a damaged fuel line would make it run bad all the time!
Two sujestions it could be a faulty temp switch seen them play up like this before! or worse case it could be ither the control unit for the fly by wire throttle is playing up or the vvti control box playing up !
seen both of these give symptoms like yours before!

if your local 2 the south london, croydon arear your welcome 2 pop down 2my work (croydon vw) on a sat and ill check the fault codes for u!
andyniceday
Bronze Member

Post by andyniceday »

what a bummer mate im way up in lancashire lol

i shall get it plugged into a laptop somewhere.
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

buy yourself a cable of ebay 15-20 pound and down load vagcom its a complete ripoff of elsa that we use at vw! and its so easy 2 use! and free
no polo gti owner should be without one! lol
nafeGTI
Bronze Member

Post by nafeGTI »

can you please let me know which software to download and how to connect my GTi to a laptop please? :)
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

search google for vagcom think the web page is teck somthing download the programe (its free) put vag com into ebay and the cables will come up (u just need the cheep one for polos the 100 pound one is for the new vw with can databus! plug cable into laptop pull out your ashtray and u will find the plug socket ! run vag com!
job done! :D
Lux
New

Post by Lux »

Sounds like very similar problems to me mate.

I did post last week about my car not firing up properly but that just seems to have been a one off that hasn't repeated itself.

What does seem to be happening tho is my car will occasionally cut out for a split second then run fine. Recently i've had a few times where the car is just totally flat throughout its rev range. My mate even blew past me the other day in his pensioner style nissan almera! Was embarrassing :lol:

Its not always lacking power as it was firing fine earlier so i'm puzzled. Due to my starting problems last week i had the car booked in to get plugged into laptop on thurs. Came up as no fault codes and he couldn't see any faults and the car was running fine.

The previous owner did mention they had put some new leads on due to a misfiring problem but not sure whats going on TBH. Might go down the local church and see about getting an exorcism :lol:

If you find a solution to your problem can you let me know please mate as i would be very grateful 8)
andyniceday
Bronze Member

Post by andyniceday »

sounds very similar does that

mines goin into the garage on monday so ill let you know
TheEggShell
Getting There!

Post by TheEggShell »

I had a camshaft sensor fault on mine which caused similar behaviour. It would stutter and sometimes stall.

Funny thing is, it would only ever do it once on a journey (normally after about 5 mins).
andyniceday
Bronze Member

Post by andyniceday »

ditto mate, same as mine.

well its been in today and there were various faults to say the least...the ones most likely to have been causing the problems are:

P1519 Bank1 camshaft error
P0322 RPM sensor

all he did was just clear them.

its been fine on 3 journeys from cold now, fingers crosssed its fixed!
andyniceday
Bronze Member

Post by andyniceday »

well its still doing it, RPM sensor is appearing again so im having a new one of them put on.

bloody electrics!
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

Andy: did you get your motor fixed?

I'v had these electrical problems for as long as i can remember, had loads of sensors replaced and still no joy.
andyniceday
Bronze Member

Post by andyniceday »

i changed my HT leads and it went for about a month, but now its back lol

god knows :lol: