what rimz do you guyz think??

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

u mean them alloys from dubmeister?..them artec AD cup?....

if i was to buy them 15" do u think it would make alot of difference to height?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh sorry, the Artec ADs.

What width wheels are you planning on getting? Either way you'll probably be looking at getting 195/45 tyres.

Technically The circumference of the 15s with 45 profile tyres should be the same as the 13s (with whatever huge OEM profile they are) you have now. so it won't make a difference in height.

However it'll give the illusion that it sits higher so (and I personally reckon) you should go lower on suspension.

Cups look great wide and low, so I'd look at getting different shock and springs/ coilovers afterwards, but you can decide when they're on!
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

^^ Same advice really. The AD's ain't common on polo's and they'd make the car look much better. It'd make you think its sitting much higher but a healthy drop would sort things out. Unless you wanted the stretched look you'd be going for 195/45/15's.
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

how bout 195/50/15 do you think that will be ok? :roll:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

No 195/50 look kack. And They'll rub if your low
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

I'm currently on 195/50/15's which have their pro's and cons. Think i'm currently running around 70-80mm lower too.

They'll fill the arch gap much better the 45's BUT the car sits slightly higher then 45's, scrub if too low and don't look as good either. Mine scrubs if going over a bump or have a person in the back on both the outer and inner arches at the back. At the front I get minor scrubbage on full lock but mainly outer arch scrubbing if the steering isn't straight.

45's allow the car to sit slightly lower and less scrubbage if at all. They look much better but don't fill the arch gap as much.

:arrow: If your planning to go anywhere near a decent drop I'd suggest 195/45/15's
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

ahhh i c.. thanks nozz.. :lol: .. ye im thinkin of gettin 45 profile coz if they start rubbing i will probs start regretting 50s and will give me more headache than i already have noww :twisted:

but im thinking with my exhaust poking out at the back if its lowered anymore wouldnt that just wipe out my exhaust off the car lol :cry:
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

I see your issue but best thing to do is have it tucked into the rear bumper by cutting a section out rather then having it sitting underneath. Therefore sitting high as possible. Either that or you could get it hidden just like standard boxes, which has a downpipe, which has an advantage of keeping your bumper stock and having a cleaner look.
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

how does the downpipe work.?..or could i cut out a hole from the bumper so it can pop out?..o
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

on a back box, a down pipe is a piece of pipe that essentially, erm, goes downwards. It means none of the exhaust is showing, it's all hidden away like on the standard model.

Yes you could cut a hole if you really want it to poke out. personally i prefer a subtle look.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Go for a hidden exit imo, much better.
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

sorry just keep flooding with loads questions because i dont know much stuff about doing this stuff to cars :? ... how much would this cost to do and can i just ask a garage can they downpipe my exhaust??
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Get a new backbox with a hidden tailpipe. Depends on what type exhaust you want as to the cost. Could probably find a decent one supplied and fitted for £200 though?
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Yeah thats about the right price for a decent job.

If your still clueless about the 'downpipe' then look how your standard backbox looks. Its basically the tailpipe going down instead of straight, which could need bumper cutting.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

i think you need to ask yourself what you want form the exhaust first though dude. These down-pipes theyre talking about have little to no noise (unless im really out of date!) and if its noise you want your gonna have to look into cutting that bumper up!

If you wanted to get a hidden tailpipe i think youd probably be better off getting one off a TDI golf maybe? Should allow for a better flow, maybe a slight noise increase.

Im just guessing now so anyone can feel free to stop me if they want to lol.

In theory though.... if you were to remove the midbox, get yourself a TDI backbox that fits (aka hidden downward facing tailpipe) youd probably still have a fairly rago sound and slight performance increase? Anyone feel free to correct me.