My new polo with few mods already+ plans :)

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

flyfs6 wrote:Welcome abroad, always a good start on the forum modding right away. Until now I think mine was the only silver one (which we all know is the fastest colour ) :P
mine is quicker hahahaa
poloGTIneil
New

Post by poloGTIneil »

Was waiting for a delivery all day toady, while i washed and polished the polo.

Then at 5.30 it arrived :-).

Ive already fitted the rears and will finish the front 2 morro. Il upload piks when complete.
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

kc wrote:
flyfs6 wrote:Welcome abroad, always a good start on the forum modding right away. Until now I think mine was the only silver one (which we all know is the fastest colour ) :P
mine is quicker hahahaa
and mines quicker again ;)

come on, its all benter eh
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

the fastest one i've heard of is the 320bhp white gti, so white's the fastest colour :lol:
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

Jeff GTi wrote:
kc wrote:
mine is quicker hahahaa
and mines quicker again ;)

come on, its all benter eh
Come on, you both know silver 5dr's are the quickest :P, particularly with the gazillion horsepower mine's putting out with that giant turbo from that other thread.

:lol:

Sorry for hijacking your thread here. How on earth do you get the fronts struts off and what do you use to spread the thing to get it out?
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

loud wrote:the fastest one i've heard of is the 320bhp white gti, so white's the fastest colour :lol:
and that finalises the argument

hahahaha :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
poloGTIneil
New

Post by poloGTIneil »

Here we go then people, more progress today i think you may like :).

So ive keept the wheels quiet until now but im fitting them with the coilovers, there RH ZW1's 17"x8" splits with staggered offsets so the rears stick out slightly further :). The centres are painted some ford grey colour with polished dishes. These have been sitting in my room for a long time so the lips have been metal polished using meguires when i got bored lol.

Here we go anyway, first up a pik of before

Then the rear was fitted and lowered onto the wheels :D (pik was straight after lowering the jack so will setle)

The front was then fitted this morning and again set up to my wheels, which will setle again.

Then i drove it of the blocks to see me final stance :) I am rele happy with it.

Then heres just some other piks for now as the sun was out, as you can see im not a camera pro lol

Im rele happy with it now, and its all done for its first show, Modified Nationals at the weekend
Sershen
Getting There!

Post by Sershen »

The stance looks spot on!

Any more mods planned?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Not my personal choice of rims, but looking great mate. As said before the stance is spot on 8)
samil87
Silver Member

Post by samil87 »

stance is perfect...nice looking gti there
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

omg ive got a stonk on, wat rims are they??? what offsets??? front and rear?? i really like em , wat coilovers look similar to mine i got comin? 8)
Harnz
Silver Member

Post by Harnz »

very nice looking motor you must be very pleased with the out come. i no i would be 8)
poloGTIneil
New

Post by poloGTIneil »

whitegtipolo wrote:omg ive got a stonk on, wat rims are they??? what offsets??? front and rear?? i really like em , wat coilovers look similar to mine i got comin? 8)
Cheers :lol:.

The wheels are RH ZW1's 17" by 8" all round. If i remember right the front offsets are ET 35 with the rear on 30mm adapters (ET 60 wheels) giving me overall offset of ET 30.

The coilies are just the cheap ones off ebay, hot tuning (for now) :)

Rele loving it thow just came back from a show where it got alot of attention :lol:
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

nice , ive ordered them coilovers, wat they like??? how long did they take to come??? ordered mine last monday!!! :roll: looking good!! my 18"s are 8inch wide with 35mm offset so should lower well!! cant wait to get mine down!!
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

Nice, I was looking at these wheels on dubmeister. Did someone get them painted that colour as custom? Never seen them any colour other than silver