no power gettin to the stereo

Discuss In Car Entertainment
liamdrat1
New

no power gettin to the stereo

Post by liamdrat1 »

hi ive got a mk3 polo bread van and i tryed to put my sony headunit in there and it doesnt seem to have any power gettin to it i was wonderin if it was a common fault orr if anyone had any ideas ? cheers liam :D
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Have you tested all the wires? Particularly the live and ground?
liamdrat1
New

Post by liamdrat1 »

yeahhh tryed all the wires with no success as its a older car i thought the wires mite be arranged different to the newer headsets ? :D
rupees_al
New

Post by rupees_al »

you might have to swap red and yellow... or depending on wiring join red's (or yellow's) together and plug into car...
you wiring for the head unit will prob have bullit connectors on the red and or yellow power wire's so you can swap them and join them depending on what car you have...

get some wire and a bulb. put wire to an earth point (door hinge etc) and other end to wires in car with ignition off and with it on... the bulb should be in the middle of your wire so you can see if you have..
permenant live and ignition live... your intructions for your headunit will tell
you which way to put the red and yellow depending on what power you have...
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

rupees_al wrote:you might have to swap red and yellow... or depending on wiring join red's (or yellow's) together and plug into car...
you wiring for the head unit will prob have bullit connectors on the red and or yellow power wire's so you can swap them and join them depending on what car you have...
Yep that's a point. I encountered that problem on a mates car, and it just turned out to be swapping over some wires on the loom.
liamdrat1
New

Post by liamdrat1 »

i havee try this burr nothing seems to work one of the headunitrs just melts haha :shock: thing this is gonna be a long haul cheers anyways
peterbuk
Getting There!

Post by peterbuk »

mite be a blown fuse, have you checked that?