bushes?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
oliverpologti
Silver Member

bushes?

Post by oliverpologti »

my mate is fitting me some coilies in a couple of weeks and while were doing it i thought may as well do any worn bushes

heard gti's eat bushes

what i need to know is which bushes i would need and do they do uprated ones?

also heard of using seat cupra bushes?

and while im doing the million questions would it be recommended to just get new top mounts to save pissing around when fitting the coilies

any help appreciated as i wanna get all bits ready for fitting day :)

ollie
Rich_T
Gold Member

Post by Rich_T »

would be interested in this info to if any one could help? :)
oliverpologti
Silver Member

Post by oliverpologti »

anyone?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

oliverpologti wrote:anyone?
Okay, I'd say yes if you are feeling flush, get him to replace the two (front) TCA rear bushes with solid Cupra ones (just ask for a couple of Ibiza Cupra TCA rear bushes at your local Seat dealer's parts place the p/n starts with 6LL instead of 6Q0), if your current bushes are as good as they can be then that is all you need to to, but if they are a bit weak and torn then it seems that lots of people like to replace the (front) TCA front bush with a Powerflex two part one - don't use the Powerflex rear bush though until they have started making a proper one and not just an insert for fitting into the voided one. Top mounts - maybe, but also grab a couple of top bearing kits just in case they fall apart when taken to bits. Any other bushes, like ARB mounting ones would be "nice" to change for Powerflex items at this time - as would replacing the ARB drop links - but they can be chamged at any time when they start knocking.

I'd reckon that you would want a four wheel re-alignment done after this new stuff has settled in.
shanethb
Getting There!

Post by shanethb »

here you go have a read, hope it helps.

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... hp?t=37576