Many many engine questions lol

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
BIG4244
Silver Member

Many many engine questions lol

Post by BIG4244 »

Just a few realy, got a 6n2 GTi, complete engine, loom and E.C.U, the breakers had to remove the dash to unplug the loom so hopefuly its still in one piece, but does the throttle body use a cable or is it fly by wire? and currently ive got a 4 branch no cat on my 8v and was going to get another 4 branch for the GTi so it will be nice and easy to install the engine, but does the GTi run pre and post lambda sensors or just a pre sensor, cheers in advance! Nick.C :mrgreen:
tegwin
Gold Member

Re: Many many engine questions lol

Post by tegwin »

Not 100% sure but I only think there is 1 Lambda on the GTI..... just after/in the cat?

The GTI engine is fly by wire. You really need the origional pedal box and the origional clocks from the polo to make it work properly

The standard GTI downpipes are "4 branch" can you not get those from the breakers along with the rest of the GTI exhaust?
BIG4244
Silver Member

Post by BIG4244 »

well were going to defeat the imobiliser at work, and splice a 6n loom with the gti loom, but the throttle pedal will be quite difficult, does the polo 6n 16v not have the same size throttle body but in cable operation? cheers again
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

I believe the GTI throttle body was unique to that engine... fitting a smaller one would screw things up...

The fly by wire throttle is quite an important part of the engine management system..... if you intend to use the GTI ECU, you really need that pedal....

The pedal tells the ECU how much power the engine needs to produce.... the ECU then moves the throttle butterfly and injects the correct amount of fuel etc when the valves are in the right place....

What you are wanting to is not impossible.. but it would be a lot easier if you had the complete GTI system to play with....

Someone might be along in a min to point out that im talking BS.... but im fairly sure im right

-------------
Just a thought I had on the way to work this morning.

If getting the flyby wire system working is going to be to complicated, why not replace the throttle body and intake manifold with some nice injection bike throttle bodies... you would then have to get a custom ecu setup OMEX etc..... Would sound pretty interesting!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

The lambda sensor is between the manifold and cat. I'm not sure if there's another one further down also though.