no love...?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
tomo87
Platinum Member

no love...?

Post by tomo87 »

what do you guys/girls do when you lose interest?

my problem is i was away from the scene for a whole year and im struggling to get back into it, i absolutely love the 20v and its great fun and constantly makes me smile....but the thought of something like an A4 cabby on air and 18 RS's is really really really appealing?!?!
chrischap2003
Bronze Member

Re: no love...?

Post by chrischap2003 »

Bite the bullet a buy something else awesome fella...if the 20v isnt making your hairs stand on end any more your mad, but i guess everyone needs to move on at some point!

Sell me all you 20v parts first though so i can just drop it in mine :-D haha
chrischap2003
Bronze Member

Post by chrischap2003 »

Opps i forgot....please :-)
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

its just when i had my old silver GTI i loved it to bits and never wanted anything else....used to love driving it and cleaning it but i just dont get that with the 20v
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Post by Andy1.6 »

Maybe its because its taken so long, Or the money its cost or because it doesn't look as good as your old one yet???
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

I've found that with the S3.

Had some problems with it when I first bought it, and random things keep breaking like suspension springs and the infamous coil packs. I think it's just spoiled my interest in the car, I never really go out and drive it just for the sake of it; something I used to do a lot with my GTi.

I'm now on the lookout for a Mk4 Golf R32 to try and kickstart my interest again.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Always a tough call mate. I always found giving mine a good wash would bring back the spark if it was ever going grey. I'm still deeply into my car though, and it's more a case of the scene in general which I sometimes get tired of. Caring too much for my car does my head in sometimes, with people not understanding why you park in the most obsolete parking space to avoid the doors getting knocked etc.

It's still early days for your car though mate, it's got alot of potential! I guess now is the time to decide which way to go though, you don't want to put even more money into it and coming to the same conclusion.
captainbeyond88
Bronze Member

Post by captainbeyond88 »

take a holiday with it!

go to germany and have a blast round the nurburgring and watch your car eat things twice its size. if that doesn't work, i'm out of ideas lol :D
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

hmm its really tough, i think im going to go out and drive a few cars again.....A4 cabby, M3 cabby and a TT
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

Done the exact same thing... wasnt on here for the best part of 6-7 months - then I got back into it... dunno how - think once i got the Quad - i started smelling petrol again :lol: then after that I was onto redoing my BBS wheels :lol:
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

the main decision is.....buy wheels and finish off my interior or put that money with cash from the polo and buy something else!

obviously down to me im just after opinions and experience of others
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

ok so ive been at work all day and i think the thing im missing in the polo is luxury....so the plan is to get rid of my buckets and cage and go down the original plan of a plush leather interior.....

anyone got a spare gti seat of seats or is interested in swapping for my interior?
chris-gti
New

Post by chris-gti »

i have stanard gti interior what buckets and cage do you have ? interested :) as i am on the hunt for these two things anyway lol
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

chris-gti wrote:i have stanard gti interior what buckets and cage do you have ? interested :) as i am on the hunt for these two things anyway lol
they are raceland ones...check my build thread for lots of pics of both
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

Much you looking for ontop on the GTI seats... not intrested in the cage... been there done that - actually - its still in my garage :lol: Im sure I can hear it rattlin from here :lol: