My Polo

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
TommyKing
New

My Polo

Post by TommyKing »

Hi, I'm Tom and I'm a Student from the Midlands and I have recently acquired a VW Polo, I would like to give you more information but I can't because I don't know much about it, apart from the fact that the seat has started creaking and it is really annoying! :x

2005 VW Polo 1.2 Twist

Here are some pictures of it:

I would like to take some more recent pictures of it but stupidly I parked it under a tree that drops little yellow leaves everywhere and it now looks like and incredibly low budget wedding car.

ps. Is it a MK6?
Last edited by TommyKing on Mon May 18, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ppuaar_polosport
Bronze Member

Re: My Polo (Mk6? I don't have a clue, could be anything really)

Post by ppuaar_polosport »

yea its a mk6 alright
sep_rider
Getting There!

Post by sep_rider »

Haha to the wedding car comment :) Made me luagh!

In pretty much the same situation as you...also a student from the west midlands who's recently aquired the same polo, even in the same colour, mines is a basic 1.2 though.

Get yourself a Haynes manaul for it of ebay or something for about £17, good first investment and will help you sort little niggly bits like this out straight away.

Sepi
TommyKing
New

Post by TommyKing »

Oh wow, I haven't seen a Haynes manual for years! (I didn't know they still made them) I will definitely look into it, thanks :)

I certainly have a lot to learn, this is my first car :?
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: My Polo

Post by pip_polo »

are you planning on doing anything fun to it?
if so theres some decent silver 9n's (9n is the mk6 btw just different ways of saying it and 9n is in the chassis number if i remember correctly?))

have a look through the mk6 section for some ideas, small subtle touches are the way forward :wink:

have fun and drive safe :D
pip_polo

Post by pip_polo »

examples:

and mine :roll:

hope they help :D
pip_polo

Post by pip_polo »

runs away and hides :twisted:
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

[quote="TommyKing"]Hi, I'm Tom and I'm a Student from the Midlands and I have recently acquired a VW Polo, I would like to give you more information but I can't because I don't know much about it, apart from the fact that the seat has started creaking and it is really annoying! :x
the car is a mark 6 or 9n the twist was based on the s model with metalic paint f.o.c , air con, electric front windows, central locking via the key being turned in the lock and alloy wheels plus 60/40 split on the rear seat other than that the car is a good platform to do plenty, I have a 1.4tdi twist which looks like the mk7 gti apart from the front end so plenty of scope, cheap to run and upgrade.

good luck

sandy
TommyKing
New

Post by TommyKing »

pip_polo= thanks, I haven't really thought about any modifications yet but maybe we will see :)

Ritchat= Ah! thank you, I was wondering what all this "9n" stuff meant :D
JB_UK
Bronze Member

Post by JB_UK »

ive got a silver 9n and im feeling subtle mods like colour coding the black strips and wing mirror casing. Theres loads you can do mate i just dont have the funds :( as mentioned before check the gallery and read different forums posts, there is loads of info on this site :) good luck
Jollus
Bronze Member

Post by Jollus »

Hi,
I have experienced the same problem with the seat creaking and was wondering for some answers to it. Its like if you go over a big bump on the motorway at 70 when you bounce in your seat it creaks as if the height adjuster is creaking once, but my height adjuster is always at its lowest so how could it make that noise? Its annoying none the less lol.
pip_polo

Post by pip_polo »

it'll be the springs inside the seat, mine does it sometimes but not very often