TDi100 Sport

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
c4cpa
Getting There!

TDi100 Sport

Post by c4cpa »

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie so first up .... Hi !

I'm going to view a 53 plate 9n 1.9 TDi100 sport tomorrow and just wanted to know if there are any areas i should focus my attention on?
Also, is there anyway of telling if it's a genuine PD 100 sport and not just a normal tdi with alloys and a boot badge? (I know that the misleading boot badges are a bit of an issue on the golf gt tdi's but i'm sure there is a vin plate or similar in the boot that you can check, is it the same with these?)

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but i want to know what to look for!

Cheers,
Colin.
ppuaar_polosport
Bronze Member

Re: TDi100 Sport

Post by ppuaar_polosport »

inside the driver door there will be a sticker that will tell you what it is
you can also check via hpi check websites and by looking under the bonnet
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

the 1.9 TDI is only available in sport trim ;)

Engine bay should look like this:

Tell-tale signs are alloys, MFD computer with two buttons on the indicator stalk, and 6 disc changer in the dash.

As long as it's got a 1.9 TDi engine, it's a sport. Area's of concern are worn bushes and suspension springs prone to snapping (I'd consider spending a little extra later and uprate both items). Also as the car is over 4 years old, ensure the cambelt has already been changed/if you buy it do it immediately (The interval is every 4 years or 60k miles).

Happy vdubing :)

Ash :)
c4cpa
Getting There!

Post by c4cpa »

Thanks guys,

I've done it!!, i'm now the happy owner of a 2003 (53 reg) reflex silver tdi sport!!

It had all the expected bits and it drove like a new car! It has 102,000 miles (mostly motorway) on the clock and had the cam belt, water pump and tensioner replaced less than 4,000 miles ago (all vw paperwork to prove it)

How much do you lot reckon it's worth and I'll tell you what i paid for it.

Cheers for the help,
Colin.
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Welcome aboard the Polo bandwagon :D

Mmm...£4k +/- 200 quid?

Ash :)
JB_UK
Bronze Member

Post by JB_UK »

3500 ?
c4cpa
Getting There!

Post by c4cpa »

So i guess i did alright at £3000 then !?!?

It's got a few stone chips to the front, few kerb marks on the alloys and a little parking mark on the rear bumper ... other than that it's seems mint (althought i don't know to much about the 9n polo's!)

Can't wait to pick it up tonight ... just in time for the bank holiday weekend !! woo hoo 8)

cheers,
Colin.