remapping

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
shahi645
New

remapping

Post by shahi645 »

hi ll im kinda new to the forum so please excuse me if im doing anything wrong :D
i just wanted to know how much more BHP i would be lookin g at if i remapped my 1.4 mpi and where i can get it done and at what price?
Also would i need to inform insurers or change log book ? for it to be legal
NFS
Silver Member

Re: remapping

Post by NFS »

Remapping is already legal and you don't have to tell your insurers as you can't really see this modification. You would be looking at about £200 for a re-map which on a 1.4MPi engine will only give you about 5bhp maximum if your lucky! So personally i belive its a waste of time and money.
vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

NFS wrote:Remapping is already legal and you don't have to tell your insurers as you can't really see this modification. You would be looking at about £200 for a re-map which on a 1.4MPi engine will only give you about 5bhp maximum if your lucky! So personally i belive its a waste of time and money.
TOTALLY AGREE
had an mpi for 2 weeks and got rid of it after hearing about how low the demand is for gettin extra power from the engine. so i stuck with the tdi!
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

ive got a 1.4mpi and your not going to get anymore power out of it unfortunatley. Your best of spending your money on adding your touches to the car, more of a 'show' car.

If you want power your going to be looking at a GTi probs to stick with a polo.
shahi645
New

Post by shahi645 »

ok thnaks guys. i suppose if i were to get an extra 50 BHP it would make a difference, not much i know but still a difference. i suppose its down to whether i have the money to splash :D :D
vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

i got around 30 extra bhp on my TDI
shahi645
New

Post by shahi645 »

by the way where can i get it done and does it affect my engine in terms of overheating etc.?
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

if you can get an extra 50bhp mate that will be an achievement!

what are you planning on doing then, just a re-map?

to get most from a re-map i suggest sorting an exhaust system, induction kit, etc...
vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

i got mine done from angel tuning, they come to you.. very friendly people and are professional..
shahi645
New

Post by shahi645 »

hmm im not looking to do an exhaust system or induction kit just purely remap
vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

shahi645 wrote:hmm im not looking to do an exhaust system or induction kit just purely remap
if you want to get the best out of an 8v MPi polo, dont get remap on its own. go for exhaust and induction kit
BIG RHYS
Gold Member

Post by BIG RHYS »

vw55raz wrote:
shahi645 wrote:hmm im not looking to do an exhaust system or induction kit just purely remap
if you want to get the best out of an 8v MPi polo, dont get remap on its own. go for exhaust and induction kit
yep he is rite it is pointless doing it with out getting exhaust and induction kit u wont notice any difference mate plus dont know y u would want 2 spend £200 on a remap.. my car is 75bhp 1.4 16v i could maybe get 5-10 if i am lucky but rather spend the money on something different :? .... best bet is 2 go for a new gti/tdi engine or change the car up 2 u ...not worth spending the money on a mpi engine 2 make it go a little faster thats my opinion :|
shahi645
New

Post by shahi645 »

thanks for the advice guys i will take it all into consideation. the thing is with getting an induction kit and exhaust system i will have to change the log book and notify insurers and it could cost alot more
vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

shahi645 wrote:thanks for the advice guys i will take it all into consideation. the thing is with getting an induction kit and exhaust system i will have to change the log book and notify insurers and it could cost alot more
no you dont need to change logbook, just inform the insurance
shahi645
New

Post by shahi645 »

iv decided not to go with the remapon this car but i will be looking a an induction kit..... thanks for the advice guys