help on my bmc-cda 6N

Post by dudestone »

what i put were?

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: help on my bmc-cda 6N

Post by alexperkins »

That pipe needs to go on a seperate breather filter mate.
Lowrider6n
Getting There!

Post by Lowrider6n »

you want to take all that off if thats the breathers from the standard air filter, its only 4 screws and then the throttle body will be underneath, while its off, use some carb cleaner and a toothbrush and clean the paddle in the throttle body.. if the bmc is anything like a k&n then bolt it directly onto the throttle body, for a more meaty intake on acceleration.
Hardcore
Silver Member

Post by Hardcore »

you take the old box off. a couple of screws.he pipe you circled is the oil breather pipe. you dont even need a filter on there if you dont. i ran mine for 3 years withought doing anything with it! i just tuck it ff and left it open. you can buy small filters from any shop such as halfords but there more expencive than others. once you have taken the box off, you can either connect the pipe to the bmc filter and then your gona need some mroe pipe to connect straight into the throttle boddy. so in effect all you are doing is taking the old box out, and using the old pipe. really easy when you know how. once youve done it youll ee how easy it is. so long as you have a but of pipe to attatch to the throttle body and the bm filter.

----filter---throttle body

^^ thelines are for the pipe. and thats how you connect it lol. the lines on the left, one end doesnt connect any where as you can use the old air intake pipes, or replace them and place it to where every you want .