HELP ON 6N --> FILTER SYSTEM

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
dudestone
New

HELP ON 6N --> FILTER SYSTEM

Post by dudestone »

hello, tomorow i will put a new filter..
but i cant make my choice.. i got a 6N Polo 1.4 16v DOHC froom 99

what is the betteer K N Air filter or BMC-CDA ?? or another one better ..
some people tell me thats better the KN because the price and about the someting like bmc..

but please help me..

I THINK THAT BMC -CDA its the better buts help me... :mrgreen:
Lowrider6n
Getting There!

Re: HELP ON 6N --> FILTER SYSTEM

Post by Lowrider6n »

it depends on what type of filter your getting? if its a cone filter like the k&n 57i series then the BMC will be alot more expensive, in the 100's, but as the saying goes you pay for quality

apparently panel filters which replace your standard airfilter give you more bhp than a cone filter, and makes the engine bay look standard if your wanted to go for the suttle look, but obviously if you like a bit of bling bling then go for a cone filter or even a bolt on oval filter
dudestone
New

Post by dudestone »

i just want the better :)
its the bmc cda the best?
or can i put another one beter?
Lowrider6n
Getting There!

Post by Lowrider6n »

yeah that filter is the best if you got the wallet for it:P if you have got deep pockets...slam yur ride to the floor...proper vw style
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

I also have a 16v and bought the K&N 57i for £170 years ago but know its much cheaper these days.

The cone filter sits behind the engine bay with a cold air feed. However, it draws all the hot air from the engine which isn't good for its purpose. As it gets more dirty you actually get better fuel consumption upto 50miles extra out of a full tank of gas! It does clean up almost brand new when you get the dirt off. It is a great filter but not better than the BMC.

The BMC is the best option if you don't mind the price tag! It has a totally enclosed filter with a air feed so the hot doesn't enter the cone.
Hardcore
Silver Member

Post by Hardcore »

if your going to spend a 120 quid on a bmc. you mayswell spend the res and have it remapped. whats he point in changing a filter and not remaping the car to suck more air in. its only sucking in the same ammount when its got the standard one or a bmc one.