P-Torque Remap

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

P-Torque Remap

Post by Dub_Dan »

Anyone Heard of this company iv heard good reviews? can anyone give me any info?
thanks
zedzo
Gold Member

Re: P-Torque Remap

Post by zedzo »

ive heard of them there not bad at all. i suppose there like "more bhp" is to us as "P torque" is to seatcupra net. mines mapped by morebhp and its the 1.9tdi
SimonCorrigan
Bronze Member

Post by SimonCorrigan »

not sure of P-Torque but can recommend Jason @ morebhp. Plus it was a bargin.
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

dont think i would want to go with more bhp to be honest mate its either p-torque or jabbasport. my main reason for this is that both companies can build my car to 180-200 bhp... eventually
zedzo
Gold Member

Post by zedzo »

well they can all build your car to that spec as long as you have the right parts there, im doing it on mine myself ive got the turbo and intercooler im having them installed soon, then i just need a custom map to make it all work and a clutch later on if im keeping it. :lol: if your planing on doing something like that a bit of advice would be not to waste money on a stage one remap. as after uve installed them u need a custom map which is atleast £400 :lol:
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

yer i just wonder whether spending all that money to get the car running to 180-200 bhp is going to be dramatically faster than a 145bhp tdi?
zedzo
Gold Member

Post by zedzo »

its definatly faster, my friend has a ibiza fr which are 130 standard hes mapped that to arround 170 180 and it can have me for fun, you sit in it and it feels like a monster :lol: if you manage to get a turbo for about 200 - 250 and then some sort of intercooler for 250 - 300, and then a clutch and remap, it might work out cheaper, then going to a company and doing it. if theres not much difference in price then i suppose giving it them would be worth it as they know what there doing. :roll:
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

do you think the economy is going to drop with 180 bhp? normal driving?
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

Dub_Dan wrote:do you think the economy is going to drop with 180 bhp? normal driving?
Depends on how you drive! Drive like a hooligan 24/7 with a big grin on your face & economy will be defo down. However, drive in a relaxed manner & the extra horses mean less throttle to get up to a reasonable speed which equates to better economy. :D
GR33NIE
Bronze Member

Post by GR33NIE »

Heard good things about p-Torque mate, lots of the folks on cupra.net has used them

Still think im going to go with superchips myself, appreciate some people think they are overpriced and you probably dont get quite as much power but atleast there work is guaranteed should anything go wrong your covered :wink:
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

yer iv heard bud thanks for that, well i was going to add a pd 150 turbo but its too much work for alot of money with a front mount and all that s**t so im going to have to cope with 145 for a while... unless circumstances change
GR33NIE
Bronze Member

Post by GR33NIE »

Dub_Dan wrote:yer iv heard bud thanks for that, well i was going to add a pd 150 turbo but its too much work for alot of money with a front mount and all that **** so im going to have to cope with 145 for a while... unless circumstances change
lol! Must be pretty quick with 145bhp anyway right? Gives a few things a bit of a surprise anyway I bet ;)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

i hope so mate :D