front lights adjustmment

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
omricn
Getting There!

front lights adjustmment

Post by omricn »

hi there fella's

i recently fitted xenon bulbs onto my polo and it seems my left reflector light projection is too high (left hand driving).
i tried to lower the reflector by turning the screw that's supposed to do so, but it seems to just turn in its hole and do nothing... i guess it's broken ( :?: )
do you know of another way to lower the reflector??
please, this is extremely important to me as 1 out of 3 drivers in front of me are being heavily dazed by my xenon. (i guess the other 2 just dont bother flashing at me..)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: front lights adjustmment

Post by alexperkins »

If the adjuster is broken, all you can try doing is manually winding the cog from the back of the headlight....failing that, it will be a new headlight :(
omricn
Getting There!

Post by omricn »

i took another look behind the headlamps and noticed there are 2 white cog-wheels, each on each side of the headlamp, what is the far one responsible for? (for example the right one on the right headlight), i know one of them is supposed to raise and lower the reflector and the other is for right\left allignment.
and to what direction should i turn it in order to lower the beem?
i turned the far right one (on the right headlamp) about 2 full spins couter clockwise and i didnt notice any change in the reflector..
omricn
Getting There!

Post by omricn »

ok issue resolved - by turning the cog all the way clockwise i was able to lower the reflector
hope this helpes someone..
especially the drivers i was dazing... :wink: