help! which re-map and shall i get a miltek exhaust on too !

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
snowy gti
New

help! which re-map and shall i get a miltek exhaust on too !

Post by snowy gti »

hi , i have a 2008 polo gti 9 n3 thats now done 9000 miles , i'm thinking it's about time for a re-map , and a miltek cat back exhaust ,
i was thinking off using aps who do the sportec re-map , there has been nothing but good reviews about these guy's in the audi forums , only problem is there map gives 30-40 bhp more
has anyone used them on here ? i want a smooth re-map thats good at town work , not jerky , and i dont want to overstretch the turbo or gearbox, thought also off using amd on there own map as they are nearer
if anyone has used these people please let me know

as for the miltek is it a lot different from stock , it would the resonated cat back i would go for , i'm thinking is it worth the £400.00 to change to one

snowy gti
jimlad09
Getting There!

Re: help! which re-map and shall i get a miltek exhaust on too !

Post by jimlad09 »

theres not alot of restriction from the cat to the exhaust tip most of the restriction is from the downpipe to the cat. If it was performance you were looking for then either a turbo back exhaust from milltek or high flow downpipe and high flow cat would be better than the cat back system.

As for remap i have a revo remap and its brilliant, its just what i wanted and have the rolling road figures to prove it (225bhp), drive it sensibly and you get 38mpg. I hear superchips have a map close to revo's performance figures if you didnt want to go that higher bhp. As for the smoothness of a map i think alot of its how you apply the throttle/clutch. I find in mine i can shuffle around town quite nicely but when i get into the countryside it can scream at the drop of a hat. Some of the other guys on here have other maps and set ups and to be honest they are all of a good quality simply because companies cant afford for them not to be. Iv ran revo for nearly a year, a mates got revo on his golf tdi and my boss has revo on his mk6 gti...cant get enough haha

Downpipe comparison

Hope this helps

James
snowy gti
New

Post by snowy gti »

thanks james for all that info , yes was very helpful , the only thing was i did not want to change the cat until the manufacturer's warranty run out , a cat back exhaust should not affect it ,
as for the map i could get the revo one done at amd as they are about 70 miles from me , just there's been mixed review's on them , the perfect map for me would be the bluefin one
so i could change it to standard for any stealer visits , i will checkout superchips though

regards mark
jimlad09
Getting There!

Post by jimlad09 »

ahright ok sounds like you've got it planned then with your warranty etc. I went for revo cos with a new engine theres not much your gona damage its just the wear and tear is gona increase. Im running a fair stack of boost which has resulted in knocking something out either the seals or a hose on mine but its no big deal. Iv ordered new seals at like £3. But i can understand why you'd go a little more conservative. As for exhaust couple it with an air filter, even if its a panel filter, you'll notice the difference.

James
dkny2789
Bronze Member

Post by dkny2789 »

I have a non res milltek downpipe if intrested mate, month and a half old.... Pm me if intrested :)