passanger window jamming- bouncing back down

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
S.Kayani
Bronze Member

Re: passanger window jamming- bouncing back down

Post by S.Kayani »

finally got round to taking door card off an having a look.

greased the two runners, and a spring like thing in the middle, but wernt sure where else to grease.

didnt know where the regulator is?

the window goes down fine, but when u try and go back up, it will either not work, or go up a bit, then bounce back.

it will go fully up if u pull the window with ur hand and press the button at the same time.

what should i be doing to sort this?

its getting hott noww :P
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Been shutting the door relitivly hard with the window down recentley?

Basically with both of my windows one of the two 'window holders' had come off it's plastic mounting points ( crappy vw design- this is the thing that breaks when you slam the door with the windows down). You can either replace these clips or do what i did which is run a thin cable tie through a gap in the mounting and then run it through the window holder. This pulls the holder back on to the mounting and the window should lift fine and dandy :). The reason why it stops and goes down is it thinks there's an object in the way of it- when really its only being lifted by one of the window holders...
S.Kayani
Bronze Member

Post by S.Kayani »

thank you for your reply, it was like that when i bought the car 6 months ago, but didnt really bother me in the winter.

would you (or any one else) happened to have a pic of it?

im not sure which little clip could be broken??

cheers
big896
New

Post by big896 »

alexperkins wrote:i was gonna link to the guide lol i just couldnt be bothered to open another tab :P
could you upload the link for me please!! :mrgreen:
S.Kayani
Bronze Member

Post by S.Kayani »

still not sorted this. Wanna get it fixed before I get tints done but don't know where the broken clip is. Thanks
big896
New

Post by big896 »

iv found the broken clip!!!!!!! if you take your door card off then the black cover and look at the righthand side window slider and watch it as the window cums down there is a squar pin that should fit in to the middle of the metal bracket, not on the bottom of the window! its the moving part that the cables push and pull that is borken,this makes it bounce back down! and i foud losen off the slider bolts a bit to i foud that helped!!let me no how you got on!
S.Kayani
Bronze Member

Post by S.Kayani »

cheers ill give it a go this week! really needs to get sorted now lol
S.Kayani
Bronze Member

Post by S.Kayani »

Weather was decent today an had a day off so finally got round to checking it out properly again!
I've found the problem, it's the little plastic bit that goes into the square metal hole at the bottom of the window on the left side!
When you put the clip into the metal holder it's fine, but when the door shuts it pops back out again!
Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the plastic bit secured into the metal hole?
Few people mentioned cable ties but not sure how I'm supposed to use em?
Cheers!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Headboard plastic ring and a decent self tapping screw worked on mine. If you have a search I did write a good guide a post somewhen
S.Kayani
Bronze Member

Post by S.Kayani »

Ahh wicked, as a temp fix iv used super glue which seems to be holding the plastic clip in place well, hopefully it won't come out!! Can get round to doing my tints now!