Vw Polo GTI 1.8 Turbo GT3071 Revo stage3

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
vlad_pvs
Getting There!

Re: Vw Polo GTI 1.8 Turbo GT3071 Revo stage3

Post by vlad_pvs »

I think there is enough space for the 6 speed gearbox. From what I know, Fabia RS comes with the 02M gearbox...
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

vlad_pvs wrote:I think there is enough space for the 6 speed gearbox. From what I know, Fabia RS comes with the 02M gearbox...
i use to have a 9n gt tdi with a 6 speed its not the same box as the leon or golf but it might fit ? get some pics up when you do it of the mods needed
vlad_pvs
Getting There!

Post by vlad_pvs »

I've managed to order a Peloquin LSD and a South Bend Stage 3 Daily and Single Mass Flywheel for the 6 speed gearbox, and yesterday arrived some parts for the gearbox swap
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

You using a diesel 02M or an 02S?

How's the car like as a daily?

Ash :)
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

absolutee beast! :shock: Im going for stage two next week but along way from u, hope to be there some day tho lol :D tell me this, what is it that makes the bang? how does it do it? just overfuling or what? what are u doing with the gas accelerator to get this bang? seen a few cars doing this before even non turbo ones and cant get my head around it
vlad_pvs
Getting There!

Post by vlad_pvs »

K.I.T.T. wrote:You using a diesel 02M or an 02S?

How's the car like as a daily?

Ash :)
I will use a 02M from a 1.8Turbo Seat Leon Cupra.
The car works perfect as a daily, only the clutch was annoying, so I went for a South Bend Stage 3 Daily :)
vlad_pvs
Getting There!

Post by vlad_pvs »

drennan wrote:absolutee beast! :shock: Im going for stage two next week but along way from u, hope to be there some day tho lol :D tell me this, what is it that makes the bang? how does it do it? just overfuling or what? what are u doing with the gas accelerator to get this bang? seen a few cars doing this before even non turbo ones and cant get my head around it
You can do this with a WOTBOX ( launch control and flat foor shift ). You have put the gearbox in Neutral, press the gas to the floor, and at aprox 3000 rpm you press the clutch, and quickly release both the clutch and the gas pedal at the same time :P
vlad_pvs
Getting There!

Post by vlad_pvs »

POLO vs Nissan GTR R35 in the straight line at Hungaroring :twisted: Should've seen the faces on the guys with the Nissan :lol:

Agwnistikotatos
New

Post by Agwnistikotatos »

Hi there,
did you fit the 02M gearbox from the Leon Cupra finally?

I have a seat ibiza cupra and want to swap my 02j gearbox to 02m, but I think, that the gearbox housing from leon/golf/a3/s3/octavia/toledo etc is different from ibiza/fabia/polo.
And I think I must use a gearbox from the second group (ibiza/fabia/polo). The "problem" is that these cars came with 02m only in their diesel versions and the gear ratios are really long..... The only way is to buy to boxes (one from ibiza diesel and one from leon 20vt eg) and swap the internals???
Last edited by Agwnistikotatos on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

hahahahahahah vlad that is brilliant! BRAVOOOO!!!