Thinking of getting a GTi

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
BLK_POLO
Getting There!

Post by BLK_POLO »

Im thinking of getting a polo GTI i went to a local dealer today and they would only give me £500 off, is this reasonable or should i aim to get more off, Also what size is the boot cant seem to find a figure anywhere.

thanks
josh
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: Thinking of getting a GTi

Post by Edi30 »

BLK_POLO wrote:Im thinking of getting a polo GTI i went to a local dealer today and they would only give me £500 off, is this reasonable or should i aim to get more off, Also what size is the boot cant seem to find a figure anywhere.

thanks
josh
£500 off does not sound like a good deal but it all depends on the the car the spec and if you are trading in. I always say if you are happy with the deal then go for it as there will always be a better deal some where else. The boot is only 185 litres as the battery is under the spare wheel. It is quite small but good enough for daily use and I don't find it a problem.
BLK_POLO
Getting There!

Post by BLK_POLO »

The car i specd'd had over £2000 of extras but the sales guy wouldnt budge might have to try some others then. Does the battery in the boot raise the floor level compared to a standard polo then?
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

BLK_POLO wrote:The car i specd'd had over £2000 of extras but the sales guy wouldnt budge might have to try some others then. Does the battery in the boot raise the floor level compared to a standard polo then?
Yes try a different dealer and yes the floor height is higher in the GTI as the other models have 100 litres more of boot space.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

The official deal is 500 off but you should be able to Get more off
POLOS
Bronze Member

Post by POLOS »

What price should you be aiming to pay at the moment for a standard car?
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Deals depend on the dealer try another get some figures Tell them what you have been quoted an see what they can do
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Also depends if and what you are trading in. Each deal is different so hard to compare unless no trade on and BOG STD car.
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Here in Oz, we get no discounting at all through metropolitan dealerships, only the rural country dealers offer any kind of discount, I'd want a discount if I had to drive 6 hours to the delaership too! If you can get any discount at all, I'd take it personally. The other thing you have to find out is when you will actually recieve the car!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

I got 200 quid off and free gap insurance (worth ~£500) and I've had a couple of litres of oil off them for free since too. I only had to wait 2 weeks for mine! BUT it was ex-showroom I think (came with about 27 miles on clock).