Miles to a Full Tank

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gavs
Silver Member

Re: Miles to a Full Tank

Post by gavs »

That's not such a big problem over there is it? ;)

I can't tell you a figure of what I get, but I can tell you what I will get in the first tank, and it won't be very much at all!! :):):)
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

gavs wrote:That's not such a big problem over there is it? ;)

I can't tell you a figure of what I get, but I can tell you what I will get in the first tank, and it won't be very much at all!! :):):)
B******d.

How much is fuel per gallon over there then? Where about are you anyway, I'm going to attempt to move over to either sydders or nsw next year as a load of my mates are going out this summer for a few years.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

40mpg on my first tank got to say im rather pleased with that :D :oops:
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

just got 420 from a full tank
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

BonsaiTiger wrote:
gavs wrote:That's not such a big problem over there is it? ;)

How much is fuel per gallon over there then? Where about are you anyway, I'm going to attempt to move over to either sydders or nsw next year as a load of my mates are going out this summer for a few years.

Going to Brisbane (QLD) on 7th june. Let it never be said that I dont follow through. :)

I was avaeraging like 285miles to the tank but now I'mpaying for petrol myself (rather than work paying for it) Im averaging more like 350 miles to a tank.

Incidentally, does anybody else find that the MPG works out better if you give it a razz upto 30/40 whatever and then cruise on an intermittent throttle, rather than gradually building up speed and then intermittent throttle (as long as the engine/oil is warm).

I find that if I build up my speed gradually (i.e. accelerate sensibly all the time), my mpg slogs its way from like 14 upto about 37 and sits there for yonks... but if I give it some beans it drops to like 5 or 8 then upto 16, then almost straight away when I hit 30 or 40 and back off the juice it shoots up to like at least 45, often 48 or 50+ and stays more or less there till I brake again!

I'm no mathematiseicianer-ist but it looks like the latter would produce a better MPG figure to me!

What say you, fellow forum viewers!?
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

tt509 wrote:just got 420 from a full tank
That is impressive you must have been driving like a Granny :lol:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

I tend to drive like Bonsai, use the power to get quickly to speed and then cruise if I am feeling like taking it easy. I recently turned off the A/C to see if it made a difference ( never has done on any on the cars I have driven before) but it made an instant 10% improvement. My last tank full I averaged 43 mpg from 39 mpg. :D
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Oh so thats what that is? I pressed it once whilst filling up and heard it release air, I thought it would be depressed by the pump itself as the tank was being filled, creating the same effect, didnt realise it was an auxillary fill tool. Very interesting!
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

Edi30 wrote:
tt509 wrote:just got 420 from a full tank
That is impressive you must have been driving like a Granny :lol:
it was on a long run
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Well based on your atiquated imperial system over there ;) which I belive is 4.5 litres to an English Gallon (US gallon is 5 litres even), In Melbourne we pay on our cheapest day $1.38 per litre, or $6.27 in AUD, so 4 quid per gallon.
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

gavs wrote:Well based on your atiquated imperial system over there ;) which I belive is 4.5 litres to an English Gallon (US gallon is 5 litres even), In Melbourne we pay on our cheapest day $1.38 per litre, or $6.27 in AUD, so 4 quid per gallon.

Thats 90p per litre.....

I want to go to aus :(
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

chris meardon wrote:
gavs wrote:Well based on your atiquated imperial system over there ;) which I belive is 4.5 litres to an English Gallon (US gallon is 5 litres even), In Melbourne we pay on our cheapest day $1.38 per litre, or $6.27 in AUD, so 4 quid per gallon.

Thats 90p per litre.....

Go to UAE it's only 20p a litre :!:
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

chris meardon wrote: Thats 90p per litre.....

Can't you just steal a loaf of bread and get sent here on a boat? ;)
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

gavs wrote:
chris meardon wrote: Thats 90p per litre.....

Can't you just steal a loaf of bread and get sent here on a boat? ;)

Youve got to kill a couple of people here before you even get sent to prison! Justice system is a state.

I may bite the bullet in a few years time and move if things carry on this bad.
Edi30 wrote:
chris meardon wrote:

Imagine a tank costing 9 quid to fill up. Hellooooo RS4 :D

Thats 90p per litre.....

Go to UAE it's only 20p a litre :!:
T77MTG
New

Post by T77MTG »

First tank i got 200miles out of it! :P but now ive been getting about 250 consistently! :/ been averaging like 26MPG, but i do whizz it around everywhere etc haha! not as bad as my dad who costs him 120pounds to fill up and gets 200 miles out of his every time! :lol: