Hello, and suspension advice please

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Moonska
New

Hello, and suspension advice please

Post by Moonska »

Hello
I recently had to buy a car because of getting a new job :D
Its a 2002 1.9TDi Sport 3dr in silver :D
I orginally looked at the 1.4TDi but the 1.9TDi was over £130 cheaper to insure...Weird.

Anyways....the consul bushes were destroyed, so ive put on Cupra consul, and powerflex front bushes, 4 Toyo T1rs, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter etc
Its a good little car, the interior is mint considering its done 85k.

After inpsecting a strange noise when going over speed humps, i noticed that the F/O/S spring isnt seated correctly on the strut so it gives me the perfect excuse to lower it. I want to keep everything legit insurance wise and admiral say the max drop allowed is 50mm.
Ive been looking at the different kits available and am thinking of going for the Supersport 50mm F&R Sprint kit. Does anybody have any experience of this? Ive been told Supersport is made by SPAX?
Also weighed up the options of Weitec front dampers, spax 50mm springs and some other rear dampers. Trying to keep it cheap as poss, because i have a 71 Beetle thats not getting built :lol:

I looked at the KONI STR-t dampers (buy them individual and spax 50mm springs) but noticed the front axle weight limit is 890Kg? Whats a 1.9TDi front axle weight?

Just wondering what people suggest? I dont see the point in coilovers as im limited to 50mm and dont want to spend loads and cheap ones ride like s**t as well TBH.

Any help would be ace
Moonska
New

Re: Hello, and suspension advice please

Post by Moonska »

Here's the car in question. Really happy with it so far :D

Excuse the s**t iPhone pics.
Moonska
New

Re: Hello, and suspension advice please

Post by Moonska »

Anybody, please! :)