New member totally new to the v.w scene

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
tyron devine
New

New member totally new to the v.w scene

Post by tyron devine »

Hi guys and girls my names Ty devine im 19 years of age and im studying motor body vehicle repair. I am looking to buy a v.w polo or seat ibiza for a daily drive as i cant insure my other ride at the momment. Im looking into a 1.2 or maybe 1.4 3 door polo i have around 2.2k to spend any help or advice would be great look foward to enjoying my stay and learning as much as i can on these little wonders cheers for reading tyron :)
Monkey-Man
Getting There!

Re: New member totally new to the v.w scene

Post by Monkey-Man »

Welcomes dude, new here myself.

But for a daily driver and with your budget I would defo say without a doubt get a 6n2 1.4 tdi. Pokey, with loads of torque so absolutely brilliant at putting the power down and with a remap can easily see 100+ hp and over 200 Nm of torque. Get at least a Y plate though matey as your liable for the £30 tax a year then ;) and economically wont find a better car for your price range. You'll easily see 50+ around town and i see about 62 - 65 mpg on the motorway! Hard as nails engines aswell! For your price range your looking at getting one with mileage from around 75 upto 100k, but dont let higher mileages put you off, cause i had a green one before the one i got now and that was on 180k and it was still going strong until i wrote it off :P

But any questions or queries then drop me a pm dude. Enjoy your stay
tyron devine
New

Post by tyron devine »

Thanks for the qwick replie matey can u link me up to any ads pal i dont have any no claims etc so 1.4 might rape my arse i have 3k to spend on insurance so fingers crossed that would be enough. And 100bhp would be great lol i aint to fussed about speed got a starlet GT turbo pushing out 220bhp so when im old enough i will be able to insure that track slag lol. Just i have seen a few polos, lopos slammed on there arse big arse audi wheels on and i must say they doo look sweeeett! Much much better than a chavy corsa or saxo much nicer cars to outside and inside. Any links pics of what can be done to them bodywise would be great cheers again tyron :)
Monkey-Man
Getting There!

Post by Monkey-Man »

Ahhhh not a GLANZA!!! lol not bad cars for a 1.3 :lol: I used to own one, had constant turbo problems with it though!! And the heads like to pop aswell :P

For my speed kicks, i got an r6 720 break per ton ;) Its a ferrari, lambo, tvr, porsche beater you name it i can go faster....now that is fun to ride ;)

But as it so happens there is a stunning little example over on clubpolo, if your not a member on there think youl have to join to see the thread, but heres the link anyways http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.p ... 245173&hl=

Mileage is a little high at 156k but hes had all the important work done to it, but as said wouldnt be put off by the high mileage as they'll last forever if you look after them. He's asking £2750 for it, but when you see it you'll know why. It looks gorgeous.

But suprisingly the 1.4 shouldnt be an issue so much as its a diesel. But word of advice stick your old girl and old man on your policy as named drivers, that should bring your policy down quite abit and ive found admiral were cheap for me when i started driving. 3k should be more than enough!
tyron devine
New

Post by tyron devine »

Its not a glanza lol there just micras on roids ugly things my mates got 1 pushing 330bhp fully forged. Im on tdo4 hybrid turbo now saked the stock ct9 of a long time ago and its only abit of fun lol not much on the road can keep up with it just insurance is a b***h. Fully tracked now air con removed,sound deadaning removed dash bored gone roof lining any unwanted plastics etc all gone perspex windows etc list goes on power to weight lets just say it shifts lol. and the milage is wayy to high for my likeing matey want something under 90k and WOW just had a insurance quote they want 7.5 to insure onee :O :| any recommended insurance sights cheapish ?
Monkey-Man
Getting There!

Post by Monkey-Man »

Dude who you get that insurance quote from?? As that is rediculous, remember even when i was starting to drive I had mine when i was 18 and my insurance was 1800 for the year fully comp and that was with direct line, but it was my old mans policy and i was the named driver.

But of course, I was abit stupid there wasnt I cause the GT turbo and the n/a 1.3gi was replaced with the Glanza V and then the Glanza S. But there still the same effectively internally, but believed they attached a slightly bigger turbo to the glanza and uped the psi a little along with a larger intercooler just so it was pumping out a little more....why not get a 1.3gi starlet and drop the engine in that :P

Got to be honest though, love my fast cars, but since getting on a bike, cars dont cut it anymore for me for speed :( But id recommend having a look at the add anyways cause it will certainly give you ideas and inspiration as to what you can do with yours if you were to get one!
tyron devine
New

Post by tyron devine »

Stock GT beats the stock glanza at 0-60 the glanza was upgraded with a ct9b with 1 more blade in the turbine. But that didnt make up for the extra 50key plus GTs are much better cars my own personal opinion cheapers for parts and much lighter lol and that was with a company called endsleigh ye bikes are crazy machines but have alot more fun in a car again my own personal opinion lol. Could you get me some links or pics up of the 6N2 1.4 TDi and also dude the insurance has gone up alot in the last year :/ so that dosent help would it be possible to make it a GTI rep what would needed to be done for that. Bumpers, side skirts, arches, spoiler, grills ?