Central Locking problem

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Kuru14
Getting There!

Central Locking problem

Post by Kuru14 »

Hi all,

Today when i went back to my car after a 9 hour shift at work i found both front windows all the way down and all doors unlocked!! Had a look inside and out and nothing was stolen so left me a bit clueless.. got home and locked it and it seemed fine. Then when i went to unlock it it seemed to get jammed trying to unlock itself. I then tried locking it and sometimes it would lock but then the windows would come down and other times it wont lock so i have to get into the car and lock all the doors by hand.

This is the first ive heard of the problem and am not really sure what it could be, i will try and get it to someone to scan for faults on tuesday but if anyone else can hazard a guess or knows of the problem i would be more than grateful.

The car doesnt have a remote fob and no aftermarket locking system - just original central locking.

Thanks
Kuru
Kuru14
Getting There!

Re: Central Locking problem

Post by Kuru14 »

Anyone? locked all the doors yesterday manually, checked it before i slept and all was fine got woken this morning being told its happened again, all doors unlocked and both windows all the way down!
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Maybe someone's messing with you and is using the spare key when you're not looking lol :wink:
Kuru14
Getting There!

Post by Kuru14 »

no chance, i only have one key :shock:
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Post by fonzooorooo »

a mate's passat estate did this... I'll make enquiries and get back to you if I learn anything useful!
Kuru14
Getting There!

Post by Kuru14 »

thanks that would be great, its acting as normal now after a bit of wd40 on the key barrel but who knows when itl start again.