My 6R Polo GTi

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
smn88888
Getting There!

Re: My 6R Polo GTi now as rns 510

Post by smn88888 »

Thats awesome, does the nav require a new antennae? Retrofit a reverse camera to it :D
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

smn88888 wrote:Thats awesome, does the nav require a new antennae? Retrofit a reverse camera to it :D
all it needs is the gps antennae
got a reverse to go on like is
smn88888
Getting There!

Post by smn88888 »

Nice, the cameras was exactly what i had in mind. Let me know how the install goes, im considering tryiing to connect one up to the RCD 510 though im not sure if my unit has the connector for it.

Is it the camera unit from the Golf mk5/6?
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

the car is now back at vw as have had it tow from Belgium!!! back to the uk they said it was a misfire on cylinder 3, he changed the coilpack but it was still misfiring with the new one in!! and now will no go at all
Blaade
Bronze Member

Re: My 6R Polo GTi now back at vw :(

Post by Blaade »

There is an ECU due on our cars apparently. I know the seats have been having missfire issues.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

now back and all good up to now
:D
big_amir
Getting There!

Post by big_amir »

What was wrong! What did they do to sort it out?
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

big_amir wrote:What was wrong! What did they do to sort it out?
it's had new injectors mate
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

Hi

Its intersting yours had had misfire issues, mine has been in in my local VW dealership loads, Firstly for the horrendous rattle from the roof which they have fixed for about a week and now has returned, have you had any trouble with yours?

And now i have a set of spark plugs on order as they are the cause of the DSG box playing up which is so say caused by an engine misfire, ..... yeah go figure that one out but that is from VW themselves apparently. I have no reason to doubt my VW dealer, Northfield VW, they have been brilliant so far, really helpful and understanding. Especially with all the squeeks and rattles they have done thier best i do sort of feel bad keep bringing it back to them, but this is my third VAG car and its the worst built one yet. I guess you get what you pay for ..... OH hang on this the Most expensive one yet! :oops:
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

Tyler Owen wrote:Hi

Its intersting yours had had misfire issues, mine has been in in my local VW dealership loads, Firstly for the horrendous rattle from the roof which they have fixed for about a week and now has returned, have you had any trouble with yours?

And now i have a set of spark plugs on order as they are the cause of the DSG box playing up which is so say caused by an engine misfire, ..... yeah go figure that one out but that is from VW themselves apparently. I have no reason to doubt my VW dealer, Northfield VW, they have been brilliant so far, really helpful and understanding. Especially with all the squeeks and rattles they have done thier best i do sort of feel bad keep bringing it back to them, but this is my third VAG car and its the worst built one yet. I guess you get what you pay for ..... OH hang on this the Most expensive one yet! :oops:
yes it had misfire on cylinder 3, thay changed the coilpack but it was still misfiring with the new one in so it's had new injectors mate all is good now
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Ive had mine into vw quite alot for rattles. Im like yourself, feel gulity and a bit petty at times, but after payin 19 grand for a car, you dont really wanna be drivin round in a rattle box!! Does anyone every exprience a lumpy / missfire feel from the engine during cold start? mine always feels like its missfiring from every cylinder, every morning. But ive never had an error on VCDS or light on. :?
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

yeah i agree it does have abit of vibration at start up, just assume it was one of those things but i'll mention it when it goes back into the Northfield VW on Monday!

VW are well aware of the issue I've had they have sent several "Disc" Reports to them mentioning the Rattles and the DSG issues. If things start to linger on now im gonna have to see voice my opinions with VW Customer Service, I love the car and the way it drives but the niggle issues are really disappointing
GreavesyGTI
New

Post by GreavesyGTI »

Just read through the post and funny enough i have had the exact same problem, received delivery of my 11 plate gti 6r and within two days is back at vw garage with misfire issues :x
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

GreavesyGTI wrote:Just read through the post and funny enough i have had the exact same problem, received delivery of my 11 plate gti 6r and within two days is back at vw garage with misfire issues :x
hope they sort it out mate
GreavesyGTI
New

Re: My 6R Polo GTi

Post by GreavesyGTI »

They had it all day today but not been in contact as yet! :?