New Polo DRL's ?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: New Polo DRL's ?

Post by Edi30 »

Saw a 6R Polo BlueMotion on the dual carriage way and front DRL's were on (next to the fogs) then I followed it and the rears were not on, so the BM's are different to the rest of the halogen equipped models.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Would anyone that tinkles with vag com know if it's possible to change the DRL's from the headlights to the lights beside the fogs, as seen on the Blue Motion?
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

There are no additional lights next to the fogs on non BM cars, thats the problem, it's not just a VCDS coding trick, it's hardware as well.

Standard models have foglights with a dummy housing on the outside (with no bulb or hole for a bulb), and when I removed one of the fogs, I couldn't see any spare wiring plugs either. The wife would love to do this rather than have the headlights on full all the time, so I guess it may be a purchase of new fog lenses, and a cable hack ?
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

So there I was cruising along the sea front at Le Havre last week with an hour to spare for the catamaran ferry to Portsmouth, when this policeman waved me down. I let down the window and he told me to turn off my lights.

I have the DRLs in the front skirt next to the fogs. The French policeman told me that it was interdit (prohibited) to drive in the day with such lights. I told him it was not possible to switch them off and showed him the light switch on '0' and then ran through the various positions. I was just about to ask him about his EU directive 2008/89/EC which came into force on the 7 of February 2011 making DRLs mandatory, but remembered just in time rule N°1 when dealing with the police - "never offer any information and be polite".

After a moment's thought he shrugged and waved me on...
Carol
New

Post by Carol »

Strangely, someone leapt out of their car in front of me at a junction last weekend to tell me that I had my lights on. When I told him that they were supposed to be on, he looked at me like I was mad. He obviously hadn't heard of 2008/89/EC either!