First Car Project

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Re: First Car Project

Post by Ben90 »

The sunglasses holder replaces any of the Jesus handles. Vw didn't specifically make one for the Polo but the Golf one fits fine.
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Hey everyone, im after a double din DVD player for my car. I've been looking around and i've seen that they are expensive! especially new ones. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT I've seen this one eBay, what are your thoughts on these ones?

Thanks
tushae
New

Post by tushae »

probably would leave it alone...cheap chinese s**t, go to a brand you can trust... would save alot of heart ache later
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

But it's like £600 for a real one! :L

Also, what MPG can I expect to see after a remap, does it increase or decrease? and is it better to have a tuning chip cos then if I did crash I can take it out?
tushae
New

Post by tushae »

I have no Idea about chipping etc etc
but I did buy a ripspeed dv920i because i thought it would look mint n expensive in the dash but.. it was so crap i ended up selling it on again
since then i bought a jvc kd r-711, its ok.... :(
khoy2191
Getting There!

Post by khoy2191 »

yeah i would also advise steering clear of the Chinese units on ebay, after about an hour of having one installed i decided to take it out and replace it with a pioneer double din instead. they go for around the 200 - 280 mark on ebay and are miles better!
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice car you got mate
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Thanks mate, i'm looking for some quality audi TT comps and a top cubby box, anyone selling? :)
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

wow, so yeah i've had the car a couple of month and not really had the money to do anything.. Just got my hands on some bright HIDs, but BOOM. the drivers side headlight is a f**king bi**h! how the hell can you change it without faffing around with the bumper i havent got hands of a 5 year old.

also i've noticed when im parked up and and turn the engine off but still listning to radio, the interior light turns off after abot a minute and then i have to open the door and close it to get it back on? this is really anoying anyone know how to fix it?
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

There's a big rocker switch next to the interior light, you have it set to the 'middle' setting (the switch looks flush with the unit), press your side of the long switch and the interior lights should stay on, the other side and they should stay off.

Return it to the middle 'flush' setting again and it will act with the doors/ignition to turn itself on or off as normal.

Hope this helps.
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Thanks for the advice, but it always turns off after like a minute.. don't know what to do it's really annoying! :|
Wooly_9n
Getting There!

Post by Wooly_9n »

Alright, got your Pm about the lights and messaged you back.
If you come by sheff id be more than happy to give you some advice and pointers on prettty much all the stuff youve asked on here. Simply cus ive asked and done it all since i had my 9n.
let mw know about the lights and if you need any advice?

First mod i did was dewiper, cost of a gromet and a time. Did i guide for it too:
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.p ... 179573&hl=

Wooly
Wooly_9n
Getting There!

Post by Wooly_9n »

Just thought if i wanted to do cheaper mods for my car starting out id do:
- Debadge the rear 'polo' and 'tdi' bit - thats free
- Dewiper the rear - £3 maybe
- Paint the VW badges- Maybe £10-£20
- Legal pressed plates - £40

If you got the money though obviouly if you get some decent coilovers the rest is just extra mods