Are You Using Oil?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Re: Using Oil!

Post by skipster »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:Edi30 ! Did you have to pay more towards the 35 edition? Or did vw cough up, as im not having mine back due to the faults and I can make a decison on what to have next...
You have been very unlucky there mate to say the least, so not surprised the car is going back to VW. I think Edi30 would have paid a supplement as there would be a significant price difference, but I am sure he can provide the info. Better luck with your next car anyway!
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Maybe, have to wait to hear from him! Ive been offerd a brand new normal gti golf, polo gti or scirocco gt model :/ May try to get the 35 edition if possible as it's standard with leather and xenons!
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:Maybe, have to wait to hear from him! Ive been offerd a brand new normal gti golf, polo gti or scirocco gt model :/ May try to get the 35 edition if possible as it's standard with leather and xenons!
My guess is that you have ruled out the Polo :) They asking you to pay a supplement for the Golf/Scirocco or is this VW's goodwill? I do also own a Scirocco and it is a very fine car, the Edition 35 sounds fantastic! Good luck anyway.
daydotz
Silver Member

Using Oil!

Post by daydotz »

Mines booked in for replacement scrapers/rings at least this sounds like they solve the problem
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

daydotz wrote:Mines booked in for replacement scrapers/rings at least this sounds like they solve the problem

Yes, my oil consumption appears normal now after I had the scraper/ring upgrade. Hopefully you'll find the same.
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

skipster wrote:
POLOGTI2011 wrote:Maybe, have to wait to hear from him! Ive been offerd a brand new normal gti golf, polo gti or scirocco gt model :/ May try to get the 35 edition if possible as it's standard with leather and xenons!
My guess is that you have ruled out the Polo :) They asking you to pay a supplement for the Golf/Scirocco or is this VW's goodwill? I do also own a Scirocco and it is a very fine car, the Edition 35 sounds fantastic! Good luck anyway.
Well yes! Aint sure yet aint heard from the dealer will have to see what happens!
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

I decided to hand it back and walk away until the ED35 turns up, so I have got my money back and will pay for the ED35 when it arrives. VW have not offered to put anything towards the ED35 but I am happy as I am not out of pocket and I know I will get a deal on the ED35. Go for it it will be an awesome motor plus it has loads of standard kit such as leather, Xenons,18's, winter pack and Bluetooth, nicer front and side skirts and darker rear windows. The extras over a STD GTI are over £4k and with the extra power this will be the best GTI yet. 8) Good luck with your choice.
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Edi30 wrote:
I decided to hand it back and walk away until the ED35 turns up, so I have got my money back and will pay for the ED35 when it arrives. VW have not offered to put anything towards the ED35 but I am happy as I am not out of pocket and I know I will get a deal on the ED35. Go for it it will be an awesome motor plus it has loads of standard kit such as leather, Xenons,18's, winter pack and Bluetooth, nicer front and side skirts and darker rear windows. The extras over a STD GTI are over £4k and with the extra power this will be the best GTI yet. 8) Good luck with your choice.
Aghh I see! See VW are going to strike me an offer on a vehicle, I saw the 35 edition and love the look may hold out for one of those! Them new 19" alloys are gorgeous! Do you know when there out?
big_amir
Getting There!

Post by big_amir »

Update!!

My car is still at VW and has been since the 26th september. It seems to be a never ending issue. I think i may go down tomorrow and speak to the Dealer Principal and try and get this sorted.
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

big_amir wrote:Update!!

My car is still at VW and has been since the 26th september. It seems to be a never ending issue. I think i may go down tomorrow and speak to the Dealer Principal and try and get this sorted.
Yes, that is bad. Why are they holding it for so long? Waiting for parts? Think you do need to go down there and apply some pressure. Not good.
daydotz
Silver Member

Using Oil!

Post by daydotz »

That's not good Im a bit concerned as my cars having it's work done at another dealer if this goes pear shaped I'm stuffed :(

Maybe the parts are an issue like ed30 found
big_amir
Getting There!

Post by big_amir »

skipster wrote:

Yes, that is bad. Why are they holding it for so long? Waiting for parts? Think you do need to go down there and apply some pressure. Not good.
My Car had the new rings installed 2nd week of July. Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. so it can't be a part issue. Don't know why its taking so long.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:
Edi30 wrote:
Aghh I see! See VW are going to strike me an offer on a vehicle, I saw the 35 edition and love the look may hold out for one of those! Them new 19" alloys are gorgeous! Do you know when there out?
I think the first demonstrators should be out around December or January as the dealers could order them in early September. I ordered the 19" Glendale optional wheels for mine 8)
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

big_amir wrote:
skipster wrote:

My Car had the new rings installed 2nd week of July. Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. so it can't be a part issue. Don't know why its taking so long.
I would be straight down there asking what is going on and have a look at the car. I also suggest you reject it and get a replacement if you really want another as you should not have to put up with this hassle with a new car.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Have been driving the car hard at times since having ring/scraper upgrade. Car has covered about 1100 and the oil level has dropped from 3/4 to around 1/4 full on the hatched area. :?