6R Polo GTI hybrid WMI project

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gavs
Silver Member

Re: 6R Polo GTI stage 2 project

Post by gavs »

Now you have the whole honeycomb insert to do also Hurdy! :)
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

I'd be doing it till next Christmas if I did the honeycomb Gav :lol:

Red front or Black front?

Original red

New Black

Personally I like my Black CF front 8)
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

I think the black carbon fibre looks awesome pal, but personally i like the red piping more. Its a GTI and that bright red piping shouts that out louder :D lol
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

NMavs wrote:I think the black carbon fibre looks awesome pal, but personally i like the red piping more. Its a GTI and that bright red piping shouts that out louder :D lol
That's precisely why it has been murdered out. Stealth sleeper style :wink:
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

NMavs wrote:I think the black carbon fibre looks awesome pal, but personally i like the red piping more. Its a GTI and that bright red piping shouts that out louder :D lol
Louder than the milltek? :twisted:
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

I'm gonna go along the path here of keeping the red. It's a GTI and it's the definative calling card from the front that the car coming up behind you is something a little more special than a normal polo, with some form of pedigree behind it's badge. Unlike many a stickered-special out there, that red piping is the only thing on this car harking back to the original Mk1 GTI (unless you have the stock Jacky seats) so in my opinion, keep it. I also think that if you're not doing the whole lower grill area, maybe remove the wrap from the foglight surrounds, it will look odd in different light. :)

If you wanted a slealth approach, I would have bought a BMW 135i :)
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good pal
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

The wrap has been removed from the fog surrounds. I kept getting a bubble on one side that I couldn't get rid of and it annoyed the F*** out of me. When I took them off, water had managed to force it's way under the wrap on one side somehow and cause the bubble. At the same time all the stickiness had been removed by the water sitting there, so it would have never re-stuck. :(

On a plus note the grille carbon is mint.

Just looked at the red GTI badge and it now costs £45+ VAT from Awesome GTI.!!!! :shock:
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Tsuku
New

Post by Tsuku »

Nice car Hurdy, a lot of mods I've been planning to do myself. I wonder what difference the lower engine mount bush makes? If you don't mind me asking, how much were the brakes? PM me if you don't want to reveal it here.
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Tsuku wrote:Nice car Hurdy, a lot of mods I've been planning to do myself. I wonder what difference the lower engine mount bush makes? If you don't mind me asking, how much were the brakes? PM me if you don't want to reveal it here.
The lower engine bush makes quite a bit of difference and I'd recommend that if anyone has a full aftermarket turbo-back exhaust system fitted that they invest in one. It reduces engine movement and the possibility of cracking the exhaust system through work hardening by repeated excess movement.

Officially the brakes are £1k + VAT......officially :wink:
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Another mod completed....

RNS510 with Bluetooth. Looks like it was designed for the Polo GTI Fascia as well as the black gloss surround matches perfectly. Works perfectly with the MFSW and Park reverse sensors. Also has the speed camera locations and speed limits as POI's on screen. Lovely bit of kit. 8)

stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

Hurdy wrote:Another mod completed....

RNS510 with Bluetooth. Looks like it was designed for the Polo GTI Fascia as well as the black gloss surround matches perfectly. Works perfectly with the MFSW and Park reverse sensors. Also has the speed camera locations and speed limits as POI's on screen. Lovely bit of kit. 8)

Does your taffic button work? Mine doesn't seem to :(
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

stuart.cameron wrote:
Hurdy wrote:Another mod completed....

Does your taffic button work? Mine doesn't seem to :(
Definitely works on mine, just took a photo for you.

stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

Doh! Mine just shows '0 Messages' :(
And can't find much help about it...