polo 9n tdi dash memory?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mosh
New

polo 9n tdi dash memory?

Post by mosh »

hey guys, ive recently noticed that the dash memory on my 9n has gone! (happened when i was checking all the fuses)
as soon as the ignition is switched off, the dash goes completely blank, even the needles stay in the same place! and when put back on it resets itself!
ive done a search on here and google, and all ive seen thats remotely connected is a t4, which had a hidden fuse under the fuse box or something?! also called up VW and they're telling me to bring it in lol Also checked all the fuses in the fuse box and on top of the battery.

anyways its really getting on my nerves now, especially now that ive remapped it and want to see what kind of economy im getting!

any help would be appreciated!
mosh
New

Re: polo 9n tdi dash memory?

Post by mosh »

bump, someone must know??
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I've no experience of this, but I'm sure its been discussed on other VAG forums, maybe Passat and/or Golf/Jetta/Bora.
mosh
New

Post by mosh »

RUM4MO wrote:I've no experience of this, but I'm sure its been discussed on other VAG forums, maybe Passat and/or Golf/Jetta/Bora.
hi, it was discussed on the T4 forum, with a blown hidden fuse!

not to worry now anyway as ive sorted the problem! turned out to be some sort of loose connection on the dash! just undid the screws and pulled the cluster forward, and it came back to life.

hope this comes in use to anyone with this problem!

Was very close to booking it into VW, saved myself a few bob there!