9N Problem

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Caz Turbo
New

9N Problem

Post by Caz Turbo »

hi just purchased my 9n polo and found out that the reverse lights dont work now i have changed both bulbs and that hasnt done anything, so anyone else have any ideas i could try? could it b a switch or something? also i noticed last night when i was driving every time i push the brake pedal i get this symbol appear on my dash anyone no what its for? Image
Ladiesman_317
Bronze Member

Re: 9N Problem

Post by Ladiesman_317 »

rear fogs
Caz Turbo
New

Post by Caz Turbo »

how do turn them ofF/?
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

The reverse light switch is located on the gearbox itself. If the bulbs aren't at fault then the switch probably is.

Have you checked that the brake lights are actually working? The fogs aren't on by default, you need to have the headlights on before you can pull the switch out to turn them on.
Caz Turbo
New

Post by Caz Turbo »

The symbol comes on n flashes when I put my right indicator on and when I push the brake pedal is stays on and slowly gets brighter I looked last night when I had the right indicator on and the right brake light flashes with the indicator dunno what's wrong!
Wooly_9n
Getting There!

Post by Wooly_9n »

Seems like your wiring is messed up asif the break light has been swapped with the rear fog?

Slightly different but when i installed 9n3 lights on mine and muddled up the lights the rear fog was my break light, strange but it sounds like its not a straight forward issue :|
Caz Turbo
New

Post by Caz Turbo »

Would I need a auto election do u think then?
tomblin101
New

Post by tomblin101 »

this happened to mine to i have left it for like a year its not an mot failure but assume its the sensor on the gearbox.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd guess that you have fitted the wrong type of bulb somewhere and that could be why the feed to the brake lights is feeding back up the foglight feed and bringing that indicator light on - or some thing similar.
LiamMk6Polo
New

Post by LiamMk6Polo »

Or somebody before has put 9n3 tail lights on and not swapped the cables back round for 9ns?
Caz Turbo
New

Post by Caz Turbo »

im gonna have a look at brand new polos tomorrow sick of going threw used cars and faults after faults so just gona get a new one on finance
panason1c
Getting There!

Post by panason1c »

Caz Turbo wrote:hi just purchased my 9n polo and found out that the reverse lights dont work now i have changed both bulbs and that hasnt done anything, so anyone else have any ideas i could try? could it b a switch or something? also i noticed last night when i was driving every time i push the brake pedal i get this symbol appear on my dash anyone no what its for? Image

I think someone has fitted a wrong bulb to one of the rear light clusters.... ie.... a double contact bulb instead of a single contact (for example)
Caz Turbo
New

Post by Caz Turbo »

how would i no which is the right bulb and which isnt tho? ive been a garage and they said it may b a dodgey earth cause it only happens when right indicator is on and when breaking
ChrisRaeburn
New

Post by ChrisRaeburn »

Caz Turbo wrote:im gonna have a look at brand new polos tomorrow sick of going threw used cars and faults after faults so just gona get a new one on finance
Seems a bit rash to say no to all used cars because you have a rear light wiring fault.. Look online for a wiring guide or take it in to a garage to ask if they can make sure your wiring is correct. If you (or a previous owner) have changed the standard 9N lights to the round 9N3 lights then there could have been a mistake in the wiring then.
Caz Turbo
New

Post by Caz Turbo »

ive got a another problem now the oil light likes to keep coming on and off and it has drank 4 litres of oil in a week! there is no oil around the engine block or around any seals or on my drive where i park it :S something seriously wrong with this car! i thought the germans had it nailed with cars?