New

Re: My 6N - Newbie

Post by J-James »

Thanks mate!
J-James
New

I passed my test!

Post by J-James »

The polo is now on the road as I passed my test Thursday, first thing to do is replace the number plate light that has blown, BIG JOB :wink:
poloXOM
New

My 6N - Newbie

Post by poloXOM »

f**k me that's a shiny car
J-James
New

Post by J-James »

poloXOM wrote:**** me that's a shiny car
Dare i say the wax i used cost me around £3? :D
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice
J-James
New

Post by J-James »

Had to order a box to attach to my Sony head unit so I can connect an aux input... Fitting pictures will be up in the next few days...
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

nice man, not been on this in a wee bit, and same approach to side strips as to rear badges, just more sticky adhesive... i did say slowly as i chipped mine rushing too :P lol but yea i think smooth sides look better :)
and same as everyone else, very shiny :shock: lol
J-James
New

Slow progress

Post by J-James »

Well, I haven't done much to my car over the past month as I've had AS exams. The only major change I have made is installed a subwoofer in a custom box:
(No the carboard box isn't the custom box :wink: )

Now my car has hit 38,000 miles it's asking for a service, going to do it myself but it's still going to be pricey :(

Anyway, I shall be going to Round 2 of BDC at Kings Lynn on Friday and then Modified Nationals on the Sunday! :D
the-only-way-is-polo
New

Post by the-only-way-is-polo »

Hi mate, great find I'm the same, going through the early stages, and I've just taken the trim off. And pure boiling water over it, and use a plastic scraper, like the ones for a wind screen, the to get the glue off use like a break and clutch cleaner, it is a slow process but worth it in the end.
J-James
New

My 6N - Newbie

Post by J-James »

So, after making a purchase of a new JL Audio amplifier at Modified Nationals, I decided it was time to make a boot build!

Started off by measuring up the basic sides, top and bottom...

I then drew on my cutout for my 12" Subwoofer...

After screwing it together, I applied filler to the edges so it was fully sealed

Here it is! Just needs fabricating which shall be done soon... The raised bit at the back right is for placing a raised Infinity logo on, hopefully will look smart through the material i put on top :roll:

Any ideas on how i can hide those damn RCA cables? I'm open to suggestions! Also I will be getting a full Infinity set up, it's just a case of saving the £££ :D
J-James
New

Need help clearing the service interval...

Post by J-James »

So yesterday I gave my car a minimal service...
Pushed the boat out on the spark plugs... 4 electrodes! :shock:

Anyway, good job i had to take the air box off to get to the spark plugs, was greeted by a load of gloopy oil blocking the breather pipe pretty much, almost the size of a large cat turd :|

Now i've given everything a once over I face the dilemma of clearing the service interval warning... my Haynes manual says it is a combination of the clock and trip button but it didnt work for me... Any help?

J-James
New

Post by J-James »

Managed to clear the service interval message... Although have had problems with acceleration and the car jolting slightly since i've done the service, i let my mate do the spark plugs and change them over whilst i changed the oil :cry: he'd left 2 ht leads loose and not in properly, so plugged them in properly, took the sparks out and back in and made sure the o2 sensor didnt have any loose connections and it seems to work fine now :)
J-James
New

Post by J-James »

Boot build is complete! :D

Sorry for the blur, its just because my car was filthy at the time! Any feedback would be nice, especially about where i could hide the amp and still be able to find an earth point! :roll:
paddykelly
New

Post by paddykelly »

Mate i have recently bout a 1.3 version of this car and it is a 5 door came with exactly the same alloys as you have. where did they come from? ive never heard of maxi sport. ive put 60 mm new springs on mine with those alloys and tbh it looks sick.