6N2 GTI Exhaust/Manifold 'Supports' - Any Ideas?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
wrz6n2
New

6N2 GTI Exhaust/Manifold 'Supports' - Any Ideas?

Post by wrz6n2 »

Manifold is OK, at least according to VW...

I've been thinking about removing the heat shield/cover, but it begs the question why it's there in the first place - I guess fingers and heat not a good combination.

My emissions light 'check' also came on today briefly coupled with a bit of misfire, put it down to how 'frikkin wet it is currently - all my HT leads are less than six months old and everything returned to normal pretty quickly, could be exhaust/lambda related also??

It's difficult full stop with the Polo, seriously debating just getting a brand new exhaust from VW, £560.00.

Looked into new manifolds/exhaust combinations and been following a few threads on here but for all of the aggro & my 51 plate is a daily drive currently I'm in two minds; I know deep down i do need a new system but I'm committed to the 'hidden' nature of the 6N which I understand probably means a custom job, potentially again lots of aggro!!

Thanks for the offer, when I'm clear on what I'm doing I might be in touch!!
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: 6N2 GTI Exhaust/Manifold 'Supports' - Any Ideas?

Post by Trottagti »

Do not pay 560 quid to Vw for a new unit, get one made and loose the cover and your problems will be fine. Most ppl on here loose the heat shield so don't worry. I run my aftermarket raceland manifold all open and it's fine mate.
Verity
Gold Member

Re: 6N2 GTI Exhaust/Manifold 'Supports' - Any Ideas?

Post by Verity »

I'm not sure how your manifold cover could be making the noise.
Mine is only held on by one bolt at the top...which isn't even the correct bolt, and is badly misshapen from when a mate drove over it when I left it on the drive- and it makes no noises, no vibrations or anything.
....Tho Its deff worth doing a trial period with it off to see how that goes

Are VW now saying it's not the broken part they originally said?

Have all brackets and bushes and such been checked? Would hate to buy a whole new system then find out you get the same noise because it's able to vibrate still due I a dodge bracket