JonnyBCK's GT

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Cle0dy
New

JonnyBCK's GT Hybrid on route

Post by Cle0dy »

GI in Killie??
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Re: JonnyBCK's GT Hybrid on route

Post by JonnyBCK »

yeah GI motorsport in kilmarnock
Cle0dy
New

JonnyBCK's GT Hybrid on route

Post by Cle0dy »

Nice, thats where im from.
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

well plugged the ecu back into the car after getting a map loaded by jabbasport, knew as soon as i started driving it still had an issue, so as i did before i pumped the throttle to get it going and my god it didnt half go some :shock: well chuffed with the performance now just really need to sort out this bad flat spot where the turbo does nothing. can only think it is the turbo actuator but not quite sure. away offshore again for 3 weeks then its going to get rolling roaded and to check out this bad spot at low revs. so heres hoping im 1 step closer to it being 100 % again.
turkishmike
New

Post by turkishmike »

Interesting thread dude... I'm just having similar work donne to my pd100 polo... PD 160 intake, pd130 injectors, FMIC, uprated clutch+single mass fwheel, egr delete, ss exhaust with decat, +PD130 hybrid turbo then remap and RR... Be interesting to see the figures... Hope you sort your problem... I was advised to go PD130 hybrid rather than 150/160 hybrid cos of the lag issue...
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

No lag issue cos they are vnt. Anything above 2000rpm is max boost.
turkishmike
New

Post by turkishmike »

g__humm wrote:No lag issue cos they are vnt. Anything above 2000rpm is max boost.

So how come a standard pd 150 golf is more laggy than a pd130(as commented on in reviews when they first came out)???
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Cos they are standard map lol my pd150 hybrid actually spooled quick than my 130 did.

Plus your talking about 300rpm difference max
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

had the car on a rolling road the other day only made 160 at the wheels :evil: had a play with vagcom and a snap on diagnostics tool while on the rollers, looks like my injectors are knackered which is causing this low down rattle noise and large amount of reek out the back. basically whats known as a fuel knock. the injectors are being stripped out this weekend and going to be tested to see whats up with them, 2 of them were basically firing alot more than the other 2. got another thread on tdiclub.com in the performance section aswell with people trying to figure out whats wrong, there pointing at the turbo or its n75 valve or something in the vacc system looks to have failed but will look into that when the injectors are done.
so to sum up my wallets getting shafted and my car is slower than stage 1 remap :lol:
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Up grade them injectors if they are knackered ready to run bigger power :) lol
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

im actually not spending any more on this car beginning to save for my next house and new car which il hopefully get at the end of the year. i just want it running what it should, then il concentrate on the body work as its a shambles at the moment, few other niggly bits here and there aswell. so im just fixing it and then enjoying it before i sell up :)
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Fair enough injectors arnt cheap. Check out darkside developments prices tho as I think
They cost about the same as standard injectors. But u could run the same power with less smoke I was told on tdi oc as it can put mor fuel in, in a shorter time making less incomplete burns which is soot. Dunno how true that is tho.
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

well this has been a total fail for me, cant get this turbo working at all spent loads and have now givin up iv ordered a standard turbo to try get some life back in the car the hybrid will be sent to CR turbos to be checked out and then will be for sale. also with the amount of small rust patches now appearing on the car it just isnt worth the money im spending anymore, im absolutly gutted that it hasnt worked out as it was a cracker of a car when i first got it, just wish i never got the power hunger but ah well
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

JonnyBCK wrote:well this has been a total fail for me, cant get this turbo working at all spent loads and have now givin up iv ordered a standard turbo to try get some life back in the car the hybrid will be sent to CR turbos to be checked out and then will be for sale. also with the amount of small rust patches now appearing on the car it just isnt worth the money im spending anymore, im absolutly gutted that it hasnt worked out as it was a cracker of a car when i first got it, just wish i never got the power hunger but ah well
Never taken to r tech?
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Re: JonnyBCK's GT

Post by JonnyBCK »

na i did speak with nick tho he suggested a few things but still didnt find an issue its ever since this turbo was fitted so thats why i most expect that its the problem